PARASAILING WAS FUN!!!

I WONDER WHAT'S NEXT? ZIP LINING MAYBE???




Friday, February 25, 2011

Dear So and So




Dear Kat,
Happy 30th Birthday, my friend!  I hope it was wonderful!


Joanie


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dear Chachi (my car),
I'm sorry I haven't taken really good care of you this year.  I promise to do better, especially since the 2 new tires, replacing the bent wheel (damned potholes) and the long overdue oil change cost me $375 the other day.  Getting the other bent wheel replaced and the rear brakes today (ka-ching! another $260) should make you happier, even though my wallet is crying.  Can you please be kind in July when I need to get you  inspected and pass the emissions and inspection tests??  I know you're not as young as you used to be (Chachi was 8 on New Year's Eve) and you have 131,000+ miles on you, but I know we can have many more happy years together.  I really do love you a lot, even though I don't always show it.

Promising to show you more love in the future,
Joanie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dear Mother Nature,
Flood warnings and high wind alerts for this weekend?  Really?   Haven't you punished us enough this year?
I just have one small request.  If you must knock down one of my trees, can you make sure that it hits the roof?  I need a new one and the insurance will cover it if you do this.  A $500 roof  I can afford... a $6,000 one?  Not so much.

Tired of all this "weather",
Joanie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dear Greg from work,
Thank you SO MUCH for giving me your "old" Droid!  I really do love it!  I still can't believe you just gave it to me!  I know you love your newer Droid X.  It is so much faster than the Blackberry!  

Thank you, thank you, thank you!
Joanie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Dear Friends,
If you like Dear So and So, and want to give it a try, just pop over to Kat's Place at Three Bedroom Bungalow, hook up with her Linky and add your own!  It's a great way to blow off steam, and you can read lots of other letters!

Love,
Joanie



3 comments:

Bill Lisleman said...

one of those that name cars - do you do the cha cha with it?

I recall you had some names for the ex's new mate. I was listening to a song called "Joy" by Lucinda Williams. Part of the lyrics "You got no right to take my joy... I want it back..."
check it out you might like it.

Garret said...

I hope your car gets the message!

linlah said...

I like the tree idea, hope it works out in a good way.