PARASAILING WAS FUN!!!

I WONDER WHAT'S NEXT? ZIP LINING MAYBE???




Friday, March 27, 2009

A Truly Frightening Video

Someone sent this video to me this morning. It is Abdullah Fahd Abd Al-'Aziz Al-Nafisi giving a speech to a group of Arabs. It is several minutes long, but even if you watch the first minute or so, you can see why it really shook me up this morning! I'm not sure when this speech was made.

Beneath the video is this: Anyone (like Barack Obama) entertaining ideas of western democracies establishing friendly relations with the radicals of the Islamic world should watch this video.While watching the inflammatory rhetoric of the speaker, remember that this is not a Jihadists from Iran but a professor from Kuwait - a country with every reason to be grateful to the USA for liberating it from the tyranny of Saddam Husseins invasion.

4 comments:

Eternal Lizdom said...

To me, this is more fear mongering. For 8 years, we were held in the grasp of tight control through fear tactics.

I'm searching and searching for a reliable news source on this video. So far, everything I find is blog oriented and mostly based on the far right, fundamentalist Christian type websites. I've searched NPR, Google, CNN, and even searched Fox News.

I'm not saying we don't have enemies. But I refuse to be controlled by fear and what-ifs and have my life dictated by suicide bombers and anthrax. I won't breed hate forward to the next generation by claiming that all followers of Islams, all Muslims, all Middle Easterners are evil people who thirst for American blood. I just won't do it.

HeatherPride said...

I completely agree with you. Why are we the ones who look bad and unaccepting if we choose not to befriend those who hate us, our lifestyles and our country? Why doesn't anyone put the pressure on them to be more open-minded and accepting? It puzzles me.

Boozy Tooth said...

Yeah but you gotta admit... that speech can loosen a few sphincters!

Joanie said...

Oh, I'm not saying I hate all Muslims, but there are factions of people out there who are spreading this hate and young people are listening to it. And somebody just might try to do something like bring Anthrax across the border. If they want to blow each other up in their own part of the world, fine. Just keep it out of my country. We've had enough.

I knew 2 people who died on Sept 11 and I'm not willing to lose any more in the name of Allah or any other god.