PARASAILING WAS FUN!!!

I WONDER WHAT'S NEXT? ZIP LINING MAYBE???




Friday, July 17, 2009

The waiting is over... sort of and pictures!

Ok, here are the pictures I took of John last week when he got his hair shaved off. Tell me truthfully, does he look like grown-up Charlie Brown or Uncle Fester from The Addams Family movie?

First up is the before picture we took before the chemo started, so you know what he looks like with hair.

Here's John chrome-dome picture!


This is a picture of John wearing the chemo cap my daughter knitted for him. It keeps his head nice and warm!



And finally, the picture of him in his white fedora (or Panama hat!)


At 3:30 this afternoon (well yesterday I guess... I haven't been to bed yet but it IS Friday, but I'm talking about Thursday) John FINALLY got the call to come in to the hospital because they had a room for him. I had just finished cooking a pork tenderloin and rice, so we ate it, cleaned up and left for the hospital.

We arrived at 6 pm, go to Admissions and a few minutes later, they send us up to the 7th floor. The nurse tells us what room to go to and we do. Only to be barred from the room by a nurse who tells us the other man in the room has an infection and John could get it and we can't come in.

sigh.

So they send us to the family waiting room, put a sign on the door for people NOT to come in (which people completely ignored) and after an hour and a half, they had the room ready for us and Mr. Infection was gone. I don't know if they moved him or if they sent him home.

By the time John was actually in the room, it was 8:30 pm. I have not been happy with this whole deal with the hospital. I haven't said anything because everyone has been very very nice. But when they knew for a month that he was scheduled to come in for his chemo treatment, they should have had a room for him.

His chemo will begin tomorrow, hopefully in the morning but I'm not holding my breath. So now, instead of getting out of the hospital on Friday night, he'll be getting home Sunday night or maybe even Monday.


This has been a very long, tiring two days. This is also the first time in 3 years that I've seen John really cranky and short-tempered. I know one thing. When he goes in the hospital in August for his transplant, they BETTER have a room for him or there will be hell to pay!

12 comments:

That Janie Girl said...

Praying for John - and you!

Amy said...

Ugh! Sorry he'll be spending the weekend in the hospital.

How long will he be inpatient in August?

Joanie said...

Amy, he'll be in the hospital for a month.

♥ Braja said...

Oh no...a month? Joanie give our love to John and tell him we're praying that his consciousness rises above all this...and love to you too girl :)

skywind said...

I hoped that John can soon be restored to health.

Boozy Tooth said...

John is one of those rare people who looks great with or without hair. He kind of reminds me of Uncle Fester's glamorous twin brother, Uncle Lester (aka George Hamilton with a buzz cut).

Hope all goes will with this round of chemo. You remain in my thoughts and prayers.

And my but don't you have a lot of followers!

Love you Joanie!

Jan said...

The fedora suits him. Definitely the fedora.

Is he going to lose all that lovely chest hair too?

Mary Ellen said...

I think he looks handsome and fun-loving with no hair but handsome and mysterious (like a spy) with the fedora. Either way, I hope things go more smoothly from now on. I'm thinking of you both.

darsden said...

Look at what a trooper he is letting you take these pictures in his lil hats how cute. big {hugs} many Prayers we are here for ya'll :-)

Ice Queen said...

Yeah...all he needs is a light bulb.

Garret said...

The fedora wins!

I hope the hospital gets their shit together!

The Retired One said...

BIG {{{hugs}}} to you both....
Love that Fedora hat!!!