PARASAILING WAS FUN!!!

I WONDER WHAT'S NEXT? ZIP LINING MAYBE???




Thursday, October 1, 2009

A Guest Post! Postcards From Across The Pond


I am honored that I have a guest poster today! This is Michael from Postcards From Across The Pond, an American writer living in the UK and doing a virtual book tour to promote his new book titled, you guessed it! Postcards From Across The Pond! So, without further adieu, here's Michael!!





Endless Summer – The Postcards Tour Finale


 I started this tour just as summer was beginning, so it seems fitting to end it just as summer draws to a close and autumn takes over. It’s been fun and I’ve met a lot of great people, but touring is tiring, even in the virtual world, so I’m taking advantage of that magic we call the Internet to round up the Kindness of Strangers Tour by relying on the kindness of several strangers at once. In a way, making my final tour stop to ten locations simultaneously seems the perfect ending for it—one big autumnal burst before quietly fading away.


This tour began as a means of promoting my book, but it soon became an end in itself and took on a life of its own. Very often, I found myself having such a good time “visiting” people around the globe that I forgot to mention the book. To date, my trip has taken me from Britain to Canada, Australia, sunny Spain, Tenerife and even back to my own hometown, ending up here in Pottstown, Pennsylvania with Joanie and John.


It’s appropriate ending a virtual tour in the town where my childhood heroes lived. It was Pottstown where Rocky the Flying Squirrel and Bullwinkle the Moose lived, wasn’t it. Or was it Potsylvania, or Spotslyvania? In fact, now that I think of it, Potslyvania may have been the state they lived in; I think the town was Frostbite Falls.


At any rate, it’s good to be here. After I finish this post, maybe we can go for a drive around the countryside looking for signs of moose and squirrel. Joanie says they would like that.


I have to say, of all the adventures I might have imagined for my life as a young boy, touring the blogsphere on other people’s blogs was not a contender. But then the idea of leaving my quiet, rural life, moving to England, marrying a foreigner and writing a book about it never occurred to me, either. I’m glad and grateful for having done both, however, and although the tour is coming to an end, the adventure continues.


May yours continue as well.
Thanks and Good-bye from
The 2009 KINDNESS of STRANGERS TOUR?
Visit the Tour Page for the latest Tour updates.

Michael Harling is the author of
“Postcards From Across the Pond – dispatches from an accidental expat”

“Laugh out loud funny regardless of which side of the pond you call home. Bill Bryson move over, there’s a new American expat in town with a keen sense of humor.”
-- Jeff Yeager, author of “The Ultimate Cheapskate”


Buy the Book: http://www.lindenwald.com/booksale.htm
Follow the Tour: http://www.lindenwald.com/thetour.htm
Visit the Home Page: http://postcardsfromacrossthepond.blogspot.com/

9 comments:

Sprite's Keeper said...

Hey! I just met Mike over at Michele's place! He gets around!

Pseudo said...

That was fun. Thanks for introducing us Joanie!

mo.stoneskin said...

I hadn't heard of Bullwinkle the moose and now I'm going to have to find out more.

Joanie said...

Mo, Rocky and Bullwinkle was a cartoon from when we were kids. Here's a link. you can find more if you google Rocky and Bullwinkle.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0054524/

Matty said...

Well well.....I grew up in Pottstown. Home of Mrs. Smiths Pies.

Joanie said...

Matty, I live in Pottstown now and Mrs Smith Pies was sold and moved to Oklahoma. They are building town homes on the site of the Mrs. Smith's Pies Factory.

Charmaine said...

I have a picture of me on all fours "walking" accross a street in Canada beneath a moose crossing sign.

Do I get points for that?

Joanie said...

Char, only if you post it on your blog. :)

Adrian said...

I've been reading your excerpts, and thought I would just comment on the last one. It's obvious from your posts that you two were really having a great time. It's nice to get away and relax. We enjoy Ocean City too and go often.logo design