PARASAILING WAS FUN!!!

I WONDER WHAT'S NEXT? ZIP LINING MAYBE???




Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Random Tuesday Thoughts



It's Tuesday!  To me, Tuesday is RTT Day, Lost Day, Payday, First day of my work week Day, One more day until I can see John Day, The Biggest Loser Day, Chat with Jerry on Yahoo Messenger Day.  Whew!  It's only 10 am, and I'm already tired!

Tucker, the cat seems to be settling in nicely.  He still hisses at the other 2 cats when he sees them, and they hiss back, but so far as I know, no battles.  Poor Tucker would lose because he doesn't have claws and my cats do.  At least he isn't hiding in my closet any more.

It's a good thing Tucker IS de-clawed because the way he tries to scratch at my kitchen cabinets and the door to the garage, if he had claws, he'd be living outside by now.  I think he's jealous of Cameron and Mason because they are allowed to go outside, but Tucker is an indoor cat.

So I learned last night that The Ex wants to bring Maleficent to my son's college graduation.  He wanted to know if I was going to be alright with that.  I told him in a perfect world that would never happen, but this isn't a perfect world.  Guess I need to meet her at some point (the plan was to meet her at the ex's funeral and spit on her, but he doesn't seem to be accommodating me in this endeavor) . I did promise to behave myself and not throw, spill anything or hit.  Sometimes it really sucks being an adult.

Gina, aren't you sad that you'll miss the show?

My girls night out with my school friends was mega-fun!

I just took a peek at my son's grades.  I think he'll be graduating Summa Cum Laude!  This was a kid who coasted through the first 12 years of school.  If he got honors, that was cool, if not, no big deal.  As of now, his cumulative GPA is 3.809.  Something about quality points was 3.799.  So if he doesn't graduate Summa Cum Laude, he'll graduate Magna Cum Laude.  There might be something to making your kids pay their own way through college!

I bought a new dryer today!  Woo hoo!!  I've been without one for about a year now.  Lugging laundry to the laundromat or to John's apartment and using the coin-operated machines was getting to be a real drag!  The only upside was I got a decent amount of reading done, waiting for the laundry to be finished.   When I went to the laundromat, I got all the laundry done at one time.  It'll be nice to do the curtains and comforters again.   The new machine arrives next Wednesday (tomorrow was booked up, and I'm not taking a day off from work to wait for it to arrive.

Now I have to decide if I need a new bed frame or a new dishwasher more.  The dishwasher works, but the latch is broken.  The machine doesn't lock.  It also doesn't stop when you open the door.  If you open the door, it keeps going, so you can get really wet.  I definitely need to replace it (with a basic model) before I move, if that ever happens.

The advantage of not having a bed frame is, if I fall out of bed, I won't have far to fall.  My bed was pretty high off the floor.  And I feel like a teenager with my mattresses on the floor!

Well, I think that's it for my randomness!  Go see Keely at The Un Mom, read some of the randomness from other folks.  You can even give it a try yourself!  Go over, grab the button, link your random stuff to Keely's blog and you might even find some new friends!

9 comments:

Helen McGinn said...

Sometimes, it really does suck to be an adult but we can have our moments; my friend's ex's 'Maleficent' fell head over heels quite literally on her Manolo's, right into a little pond in front of us all at a wedding. We were very kind and helpful to her, you know, adult like...but we all retired early to the one room. Let's just say, there was plenty of laughter and champagne. Kharma, my friend.... ;O)

Stopped by from SITS. xx

Joanie said...

Helen, Oh you are a better woman than I! I'd have laughed my ass off right in front of her! I'd do so because I was still married to the ex when they hooked up.

Matty said...

Out cats still have their claws and they scratch at everything. Grrrr

Your son has quite the good grades. You should be proud.

Save up a little at a time, and get the next appliance.

Anything Fits A Naked Man said...

I have a "Malificent" of my own to deal with. You are a strong grown-up, indeed! (And yes, it really does suck being an adult sometime!!)

Congrats on your son's grades, I can't imagine how proud you must be! Cheers!

Boozy Tooth said...

(the plan was to meet her at the ex's funeral and spit on her, but he doesn't seem to be accommodating me in this endeavor)

Oh.. she'll be long gone by then. But if I miscalculated, can I spit on her please?

PLEASE?

Pretty damn please?

bernthis said...

I have yet to meet my ex's skan..I mean girlfriend and still hope to meet her the original way you had hoped to meet yours

Anonymous said...

Spitting is a perfect way to meet. I think I'd go for the bedframe.

Maureen@IslandRoar said...

You call her Malificent?? I cracked up at that! And congrats on your son; he's obviously worked very hard! New dryer?? Very exciting.

Heather said...

Well if he cheated on you, then he will most likely do the same with her.

Great grades! I bet your a very proud momma.

I would definately get the dishwasher first!