PARASAILING WAS FUN!!!

I WONDER WHAT'S NEXT? ZIP LINING MAYBE???




Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Update on the Missing Person

This is what I've learned so far.  

Officially, my friend's mom isn't really missing (sigh).  She, supposedly, left with this man of her own accord. According to the police, the fact that she hasn't been seen and is with a man (and former boyfriend) recently released from jail does not mean she's been kidnapped.  She is an adult and if she wants to leave town and not tell anyone, that is her prerogative.

The day before she "disappeared", she withdrew $1000 from her account.  Did she take the money out willingly or not?  Who knows?

My friend has been in contact with her mom via cell phone, but doesn't know where she is.  Mom hasn't said.  This could or could not mean she went willingly.  The man could be preventing her from revealing her whereabouts.  Or not.  I don't know the last time the daughter had any contact with Mom.

I learned yesterday that my friend's uncle told her the mom once disappeared for 2 years (before my friend was born... my friend is around 25).  She also tends to be attracted to bad dudes. 

So, basically, I have no answers, just more questions.  The mystery deepens. 

Was she taken by force, or is she off on a lark?  

Did he force her to withdraw money the day before she disappeared, or did she do it willingly?

Why is she not telling her daughter where she is?  Is he preventing her from saying?  Or does she not want to be found right now?

I'm starting to lean towards she's gone willingly.  I hope I'm right.  But if so, it's just plain mean to put her daughter through such agony.

When I know more, I'll pass the info on.  


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Scary on either account. Hope all works out so the daughter can have some peace.

gayle said...

I agree she just doesn't want her daughter to know where she is...hopefully!!

linlah said...

That's a terrible thing to put the daughter through but I hope it all works out for the best.

Sueann said...

This is awful!! How could she put her daughter through such agony!!?? Sad! Really sad for everyone.
Hugs
SueAnn

Rose said...

sounds like no matter what this woman doesn't make good choices in men. hope she is ok. rose

Joanna Jenkins said...

It's all pretty scary to me. I feel terrible for the daughter and how worried she must. And honestly, I've thought about this several times since I read your first post. I hope the mom is safe. Thanks for the update.
jj

Heather said...

I'm going to say that she is willingly gone. If she had been taken by force, I'm sure the man wouldn't allow her to have her cell. And if she was taken and has a cell, she would surely sneak in a call to the police or had said something to her daughter...like "Help"

jennygirltherat said...

I'm praying for Mom and daughter. As someone who has impulse control issues, I advocate meds when she does come home! And speaking from experience, a "history" of impulsive behavior doesn't mean she isn't in over her head, even if she went willingly.

jennygirltherat said...

PS has she considered a private detective? If she's found and wants to be left alone, no harm done, she might even be able to have it done with Mom none the wiser.