PARASAILING WAS FUN!!!

I WONDER WHAT'S NEXT? ZIP LINING MAYBE???




Thursday, October 7, 2010

Saturday at Peace Valley

John had a rare Saturday off from work.  He's been picking up 12 hour overtime shifts on Saturdays, and he'll continue as long as they give them to him.  So I gave up my own Saturday shift, so we could spend more time together.  I hardly ever give up any shifts.  I simply can't afford to do that, but every now and then you have to say "what the heck" and do it.


I'm back on Nutrisystem, so I had to pack my food for the weekend.  I felt like I was packing for an army!  Six small meals per day, for three days is a LOT of food!  So, loaded down with tons of food, my laptop, Kindle, clothes for Sunday, clothes for work on Monday, and my work bag, I drove to John's.  Of course, he was still sleeping, so I had to lug all this stuff up to his apartment by myself!


After I got his sleeping butt out of bed, and putting all my refrigerated foods away, we decided to enjoy the lovely weather and go to Peace Valley Park.   I packed a small lunch bag with some food, for John and for me, grabbed my camera (I'm getting better at bringing it with me)






Peace Valley Park is in Chalfont, PA.  It has a fairly large lake, Lake Galena.  You can either bring your own sailing vessel or rent.  I took a few pictures of kayakers on the lake.  I think we were too late in the day for any sailboats or canoes.  My particular favorite to watch are the windsurfers!







We were a little early for the lovely fall colors.  I'm going to try to get back there in the next weekend or so and get more pictures.  The woods around the lake are s beautiful in the fall, with all the reds, gold, yellows and oranges!





The leaves, for the most part, are still green.  As the weather cools, the woods will just come alive with color!


We've had quite a bit of rain this past week, and the lake flooded over a lot!  Some areas got upwards of 6 or 7 inches in several days!  Lake Galena and Peace Valley Park has their fair share of rain too.  The lake flooded over and when we went there on Saturday, you could see just how much it had flooded!  The pictures below show several teenagers, hanging out on a picnic table, that is on the beach of the lake.  That beach is under water, and part of the flooding had receded some!












We found a picnic table on dry land and were able to enjoy our little picnic we brought along with us.  And although I tried to prevent a pesky bee from getting into my Diet Root Beer, it still managed to work it's way inside my "soda tent".




Since we arrived at the park in late afternoon, we decided to stay until sunset and try to capture some good shots of the sun going down over the lake.  I also played a bit with my macro setting with this butterfly photo.







I was surprised how quickly the sun set!















As we were leaving the park,  we spied a family of deer, no bucks.  They just stopped and allowed me to take their picture.  It's not a real clear picture.  I was surprised how dark the photo  came out, because it was still somewhat light outside.  Ah, well... maybe next time they'll show up earlier for their photo op.





15 comments:

Garret said...

Great sunset pics. I love deer!

Martha said...

Looks like you had a wonderful day! I guess I need to head over there for some sunset shots!

Debbie said...

Gorgeous photos! I'm glad you took the day off.
And what is with those bees? They can get into anything.

Brian Miller said...

ha. looks like a lot of fun...persistent little bee...the sunset is gorgeous...

like the header as well...smiles.

Pearl said...

What a lovely day!

Pearl

Mellodee said...

What a fun day! Great photos too, love the sunset sequence.

The deer?? Well, they look just a little spooky! But Halloween is coming, so maybe they were trying on their "spooky" masks! :)

Mellodee said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
linlah said...

I love it when the picnic tables become part of the lake, it's a mini adventure.

Anonymous said...

Very fun and you're doing great with the camera.

xox

Pseudo said...

What a beautiful day Joanie. And I love your new header.

Melanie said...

sounds like an amazing day!!! your photo's are beautiful, I can't wait to see the fall pictures!!!

Mandy said...

Sounds like a great way to spend time together and rejuvenate.

Thanks for visiting my blog

Anonymous said...

Hey Lady! It certainly does sound like a lovely adventure! I *loved* the photo you took of the picnic table in the lake. Very artsyfartsy. I agree that the deer do look a tad spooky though. Like chupacabras!

Kisses!

Heather said...

Sounds like a lovely day out. Love the photo of you and John. The sunset photos are simply gorgeous! The photo of the picknick table, you need to summit that one to a photo contest, I totally love it!

Adrian said...

Fantastic card and great new challenge. Can't wait to try this out. As for Halloween....hmmm that should be a challenge but I will find something.company logo design