PARASAILING WAS FUN!!!

I WONDER WHAT'S NEXT? ZIP LINING MAYBE???




Friday, January 2, 2009

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year to one and all! I don't make resolutions any more. The only time I ever succeeded in a resolution was when I quit smoking Jan 1, 1992. All the lose weight, pay bills on time, yada, yada, yada went by the wayside in short order. So I'm just going to try to be the best me I know how to be.

My New Year's Eve, New Year's Day was fairly uneventful. I had to work daytime on both days. My youngest kid is in Oregon visiting a friend, so John spent the weekend at my house (long boring story, but they will not be in the same house together ... both being VERY immature) NYE, we stopped at Applebees on the way home from work and had dinner. We were early so missed having to to wait for a table.

I talked to my oldest, Gina for a while on the phone on New year's Eve. I texted my other 2 kids but they didn't bother to respond. My son misplaced his phone on NYE, so he might not have had it in his possession, but my younger daughter just flat out didn't bother. She's the mean one.

Once we got home, we snuggled in to watch a couple of movies, weird ones too. First we saw L.A. Confidential that I may or may not have seen before (possible I fell asleep the first time). Just when I was ready to change the channel, it got good. Next up was No Country For Old Men. What a weird-ass movie! Hard for me to believe it won 4 Oscars! The movie never had any kind of closure! It didn't end, it just stopped! I'm glad we didn't spend $20 to see this in the theaters!

New Year's Day, I had to work. It was soooo slow. I was shift leader yesterday. I sent 3 servers home and we finally had a decent amount of business because there were only 4 of us left to wait on tables (plus the bar).

One girl got pissy because she wanted to leave, but I made her stay until shift change. Guess she shouldn't have insulted me earlier in the day. Simona is now on my list and will be the first server cut each time I'm shift leader and she'll make very little money. I wish I had sent her home, but she wanted to go so badly, I just couldn't accommodate her.

The evening of New Year's Day was very uneventful. Stopped at the grocery store, came home, munched on stuff all night (some healthy, a lot not healthy) and watched Mythbusters all night. My favorites were the episode when they all got drunk to test their skills while snockered and test ways to sober up afterwards. The guy with the bald head and beret (Jim?) didn't seem even tipsy to me even though he blew .11 at one point. The other guy (Adam?) was all giggly and funny and Karie was a scream, trying to focus her eyes on pictures! The other episode I liked was the MacGuyver episode where they tried to debunk the cool stuff Mac did on his show. The James Bond episode was good too, but I liked the toher 2 better. I just wish Richard Dean Anderson had shown up near the end. that would have been fun! (I wonder if he still looks hot?)

So, all in all, a fairly boring couple of days but I enjoyed the quiet!

3 comments:

Garret said...

I think they should have built the plane to specs. Fans will surely write in and complain.

Garret

Lilly said...

I liked LA Confidential but it take a while to get into it though. Sounds like you have had a busy couple of days nonetheless.

Irish Gumbo said...

"The best me I know how to be..."

My dear, you have just summed it up so very nicely! Bravo, and Happy New Year!