PARASAILING WAS FUN!!!

I WONDER WHAT'S NEXT? ZIP LINING MAYBE???




Tuesday, November 17, 2009

How to get to heaven from Ireland

From a teacher...

I was testing children in my Dublin Sunday school class to see if they understood the concept of getting to heaven. I asked  them, 'If I sold my house and my car, had a big garage sale and gave all my  money to the church, would that get me into heaven?'

'NO!' the  children answered. 


'If I cleaned the church every day, mowed  the garden,
and kept everything tidy, would that get me into  heaven?'

Again, the answer was 'NO!' By now I was starting to  smile.

'Well, then, if I was kind to animals and gave sweets to all the  children, and loved my husband, would that get me into heaven?

Again, they all answered 'NO!'. I was just bursting with pride  for them.

 
I continued, ' Then how can I get into heaven?'

A six  year-old boy shouted out: " YUV GOTTA BE FOOKN' DEAD...."

"It's a curious  race, the Irish."


10 comments:

Karen M. Peterson said...

Too funny!

It's crazy the things kids say!

Candy's daily Dandy said...

that was priceless...

Matty said...

As they say...."out of the mouths of babes, oft time comes gems".

Maureen@IslandRoar said...

As a "fookin'" Irishman myself, thanks for the laugh!

Ice Queen said...

We are quite a unique breed!

Joanie said...

Hmmm... lost 2 followers in the past week. That's too fookin' bad.

That Janie Girl said...

That's hilarious...not that you lost followers, just what you posted!

WeaselMomma said...

That is beyond hysterical! Thanks for such a hearty laugh so early in the day. Let it be said that most Irishmen would also say that leaving Ireland to go to Heaven in a downgrade in accommodations.

Charmaine said...

Someone...pick me up off the fookin floor.

Julia@SometimesLucid said...

Well...he's not wrong ;) That was fookin funny!