PARASAILING WAS FUN!!!

I WONDER WHAT'S NEXT? ZIP LINING MAYBE???




Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Did you know...?

If you yelled for 8 years, 7 months and 6 days you would produce enough sound energy to heat one cup of coffee.

Banging your head against a wall uses 150 calories an hour.

An ostrich’s eye is bigger than its brain.

Just twenty seconds worth of fuel remained when Apollo 11’s lunar module landed on the moon.

If you attempted to count to stars in a galaxy at a rate of one every second it would take around 3,000 years to count them all.

Every minute in the U.S. six people turn 17.

Human hair and fingernails continue to grow after death.

Termites eat wood twice as fast when listening to heavy metal music.

Guinness Book Of Records holds the record for being the book most stolen from Public Libraries.

Apples, not caffeine, are more efficient at waking you up in the morning.


8 comments:

Rose said...

thanks for all of the info. i hate termites, it's good i don't listen to heavy metal music. have a good day

Sueann said...

Think I will pass on the yelling for 8 years!! I would be horse for 16 years after that!
So does facial hair...it continues to grow as well. Yuck if you are a woman.
Thanks for the facts this AM.
Hugs
SueAnn

Brian Miller said...

need to get me some apples this morning...and lay off the heavy metal music if i want a place to come home to...smiles.

Captain Dumbass said...

I don't have to chew my coffee though.

Joanie said...

Good point, Cap'n. I'd rather a couple of cups of java than an apple any time!

Heather said...

I wonder how many calories I burn up banging my head on my desk?

I found that one about the stars very interesting. Who knew? and How did they know? Who sat around and figure that one out? LOL!

No wonder my house keeps falling apart! Opps, my bad!

I will take your word for it about the apple vs coffee, BUT I ain't trying it! LOL!

Mellodee said...

On the nails/hair issue....I've read many times that this is not true. WARNING: GROSS ALERT!!.....What actually happens is that as the decaying flesh recedes, the existing hair and nails appear to be longer than at the time of death, but they aren't really!

The Retired One said...

I do these "useless trivia" blogposts about once a month...because they are such fun....!! I had heard some of these from doing my blogposts, but some I hadn't heard..they are very interesting!
Do you know that men get smarter after sex?
(It's because they've been plugged into a genius). LOL