PARASAILING WAS FUN!!!

I WONDER WHAT'S NEXT? ZIP LINING MAYBE???




Saturday, July 3, 2010

An Anniversary... of sorts

Today is an anniversary of mine.  Actually it's a Golden Anniversary that I share with my brother, Michael.  Michael is 4 years older than me.  Fifty years ago today, when I was nearly 5 and Michael was 9 years old, I was hit by a car... and it's all Michael's fault.

Michael was on his way to the 5 and 10 store to get decorations for his bike so he could ride it in the 4th of July Parade in our hometown.  The 5 and 10 was right down the street from our house, but you had to cross one busy street to get there.. I wanted to go with him, so he let me ride on the back of his bike.

We got to the drug store on the corner and Mike told me to wait there, with his bike... that he'd be right back.So off he went to the 5 and 10.  I was not too happy to be left behind, guarding his stupid bike!  I wanted to help him pick out his decorations!!!

So I followed him and with no regard for my safety, stepped right in front of a car!  Now I have absolutely no recollection of this event.  I don't know if I was hurt, or if I had to go to the hospital.  I'll have to ask him if he remembers.  I mostly remember because he reminds me every year that this happened.  If he does and tells me, I'll be sure and pass the info on!

You know what?  I don't even know if Michael got his decorations or if he was in the parade that year!  Maybe that's why he pulled down my pants and shoved me out the front door when I was 21.  He was a real joker like that... or maybe he was still bitter about me messing up his parade plan.  

8 comments:

Debbie said...

Now that is some story! I am so glad you weren't seriously hurt.

linlah said...

I'm sure that why he did that to you at 21 because you don't want to get between a boy and his bike decoration.

Sueann said...

Wow! That is some story!! Hit by a car...I bet he felt awful!! And mad at the same time. I don't think his prank when you were 21 was too funny though. That was over the top I think.
Glad you survived the accident!!
Hugs
SueAnn

Matty said...

Well, it's funny enough, so you obviously survived without any ill effects, other than some good memories.

Boozy Tooth said...

Well Joanie, I guess if you don't remember going to the hospital, it couldn't have been that serious an accident, right? On the other hand... this explains a lot! LOL!

Just kidding sweetie. You're a treasure.

By the way, my son has a friend Mike who claims he's been hit by a car seven times. SEVEN! Why does that sound funny?

Joanna Jenkins said...

Yikes, sounds like you're lucky to have lived to tell the story. I'd be giving your brother a really hard time about this is I were you!

jj

Heather said...

Wow! That is an aweful thing to be reminded of every year. Well at least you are still her to tell the story.

Rose said...

good story. cong on all of those years togetherhave a good day