PARASAILING WAS FUN!!!

I WONDER WHAT'S NEXT? ZIP LINING MAYBE???




Tuesday, October 5, 2010

OCMD Vacation Day 8 aka our last day

Sunday, September 26, 2010
70 degrees, cloudy skies, light rain off and on

We woke on our last day in Ocean City to gray skies, damp winds and considerably cooler temperatures.


I was glad the weather held so beautifully all week.  We could have not asked for a better week for vacation!


I took a walk down the fishing pier to get some last minute pictures and see if I could show you what the weather looked like.








The sun was nowhere to be found!


We took our time, packing and cleaning the house.  We were the last renters of the year, so Fran said we could stay all day.  Normally we have to be out by noon so they can have the house ready for the next family by 3 pm.  


There was a Nascar race at Dover Speedway in Dover, DE that weekend.  Fran said traffic was going to be a mess and we should wait until 6 or 7 pm to leave.  John had to be at work at 7:30 the next day, and didn't want to be getting home too late, so we compromised and left a little after 5pm.  


We did really well, until just after the first toll on Rt. 1.  Then we hit the traffic jam.  Fortunately I knew we could take Rt 13 all the way up the state, so we hopped off as soon as we could and did just that.  Until we had no choice but to get back on Rt 1 because it merged with Rt 13.  And we were back in the thick of it.


We decided to look for a place to stop and eat.  Unfortunately, there were only fast food places at rest stops.  I really wanted a good meal and no a BK burger.


We finally saw a sign for Texas Roadhouse and we stopped there.  The place was packed (apparently we weren't the only ones getting off the highway to eat and kill time), but we didn't have to wait more than 10 minutes for a table.   John had steak and shrimp with applesauce and a potato.  I had a steak with a sweet potato and a Caesar salad.  The food was really good!


When we left, the traffic had dwindled quite a bit.  I had a pain in the ass teenage boy on my ass going back on the highway.  He flew past me on the exit ramp and nearly ran me off the road.  I laid on my horn and that asshole decided to play some games, not allowing me to pass, keeping me parallel with a tractor trailer so I nearly missed my exit.  I was very very agitated by the time I got away from him.  I hope he gets multiple speeding tickets and loses his  license.  I hate hate hate driving in front of teenagers, especially boys (although teenage girls are dangerous too).  I'd rather have them in front of me so I can see what they're doing.


OK, enough of the tangent!


No other obstacles were in the way, and we arrived back at John's around 10 pm.  We unloaded the car and hit the sack short thereafter.  I was really tired!!!  John had to be at work the next morning, but I actually had another vacation day and went back to work on Tuesday!


So that was out exciting vacation!  We really had a good time!  I hope you enjoyed reading about and seeing our pictures!


7 comments:

Sueann said...

I thoroughly enjoyed reading about your vacation and the pics were wonderful.
Glad you had a great time!!
Hugs
SueAnn

Sprite's Keeper said...

Oh, this makes me look forward to my own vacation coming up in just under 2 months!!

Matty said...

I've been reading your excerpts, and thought I would just comment on the last one. It's obvious from your posts that you two were really having a great time. It's nice to get away and relax. We enjoy Ocean City too and go often.

Garret said...

I'm now ready for a vacation! :-)

Brian Miller said...

nice. sound like you had a great time...i spent a summer in OCMD in college...fun place to be...

Captain Dumbass said...

Aside from the punk-ass driver, glad you had a good trip.

Adrian said...

I have a picture of me on all fours "walking" accross a street in Canada beneath a moose crossing sign.logo design