PARASAILING WAS FUN!!!

I WONDER WHAT'S NEXT? ZIP LINING MAYBE???




Saturday, October 30, 2010

Six Word Saturday



Symphony + Cirque + Free Booze = Fun Time!

Thursday night, I got a phone call from my daughter, Gina.  She asked me if I was doing anything on Friday night.  I wasn't.  So she asked me if I wanted to go to the Delaware Symphony Orchestra and see a performance with Cirque Dreams.  Of course!!!

Gina works for Delmarva Broadcasting (WSTW and WDEL) as a copywriter (she writes commercials and sometimes does the voice-overs)  She also does an interview show on Sundays, but that's just a mom bragging.

One of the perks of her job is she gets tickets to really great shows!  For instance, last year we saw the Ten Tenors at the Dupont Theater in Wilmington, (and by Ten Tenors, I mean 10 hot Australian guys with incredible voices)   She also gets concerts tickets, ball game and hockey tickets from time to time.

So last night there was a fundraiser to benefit the Delaware Symphony Foundation.  It was wall-to-wall mucky mucks in attendance, including Delaware Governor Jack Markell  and his Secret Service detail.  Senator Carper, Congressman Castle, CEOs of companies, lots of folks with lots of bucks (you could tell by the muy expensive dresses and tuxedos.)  

We had tickets to the good seats (4th row) and free booze and food. 

Of course, it had a theme.  The Symphony was performing Rimsky-Korsakov's Scheherazade (beautiful!).  As an added treat, Cirque Dreams  performed Cirque Masquerade, an Arab-themed  show with A-M-A-Z-I-N-G  feats of acrobatic stunts that left my daughter watching, open-mouthed through most of the performance (I'm sure I was too).  There were even live camels outside, at the entrance, with their handlers dressed in Arab garb.  They were brought up from North Carolina just for this event..

The fundraiser was held at the Chase Center on the Riverfront, but the regular performances will be held at the Grand Opera House in Wilmington.

We actually only saw a portion of the show, although we heard all of the Symphony performance.  It was incredible!!!  This show is slated as fun for the entire family, and it really is! If you've ever seen Cirque du Soleil perform, you'll know what I mean.  Cirque Dreams is a similar company of performers.

It was a great time, and I'll be happy to be Gina's date any time she wants!!


Want to try your own Six Word Saturday? Go see Cate at Show My Face and link up!

5 comments:

Joanne said...

How very very cool. Mom you brag away that's what we are allowed to do if we survive the teen years LOL.

linlah said...

Sounds like you two had a great time and I love that the camels came from North Carolina, not at all random.

Jim said...

Sound like fun! You have a nice Gina.
..

Pearl said...

Good job! Happy blogiversary!!

Pearl

Adrian said...

Well those are some pretty great costumes and your children are very good looking. Thanks for stopping by, and have a great weekend. This Monday's Music Moves Me is Country Week hope you come by play along! It's tons of fun!company logo design