PARASAILING WAS FUN!!!

I WONDER WHAT'S NEXT? ZIP LINING MAYBE???




Monday, June 29, 2009

Queenie and Love My Friends!

Imagine my surprise when I got online tonight and discovered that I have been awarded TWO, count 'em TWO Blog Awards!



Ice Queen over at The Constant Chill bestowed the Queen Of All Things Award on me this weekend! This is very cool! I love being a queen, even if it's only virtual. If you don't read Ice Queen's blog, you should. I love teacher blogs! They have the best stories!

So, like all awards, this one comes with rules. So here they are:

1. List 7 things that make me awe-summm!
2. Pass the award onto 7 bloggers that I love
3. Tag those bloggers to let them know they are now Queens too (and link back to the Queen who tagged you)

Hmmmm.... 7 things that I think make me awesome. This might take a while.

1. Well, I think I am a real good (although at times tired) caregiver for John.
2. I'm an awesome server! If you come in often enough, I'll know what you drink and maybe even your favorite foods! I generally go home with at least 20% of my sales in tips, even after tipping out the bartender, busser and host.
3. I give really good back rubs!
4. I'm a cool mom!
5. I'll give just about anybody a ride to work if they ask, or a ride home.
6. I'm a really good listener, and over the years, I've learned to keep my mouth shut. I have some really good secrets!
7. Lilly at Lilly's Life told me to write that I have an amazing sense of humor, so that's my #7! Thanks Lilly!

Now to pass this on to 7 people I love:

1. This one's easy! Recovering Actor at My Inner Monoblog real name means Queen and I love her because she's my kid! And she got me started on Blogger!
2. Alix at Casa Hice because she always makes me feel good about myself and she makes me laugh my ass off!
3. Sally at Sally's World because she puts up the funniest little jokes and she does wonderful work for kids with special needs!
4. Hallie at The Wonderful World of Weiners because the great work she's doing for Organ Donation (even if she does gross me out every Monday morning)
5. Mrs. Mullet at Frogs In My Formula for putting up with the folks in Mulletville and at her job. And she absolutely cracks me up!
6. Joan at The Retirement Chronicles because she pictures always cheer me up!
7. Kat at 3 Bedroom Bungalow because Military wives are the best! They hold down the fort while their husbands are defending our country and put a brave face on for the world to see!

Whew! Well, that took some time! Now, on to the next really cool award!


I received this award from my good friend, Liz at Eternal Lizdom. Liz is so busy with her life I don't know where she finds the time to blog! Her blog is great though! You should stop by and say hello, if you don't already.

OK, here are the rules for this award. They're slightly different than the other one:

The Love My Friends Award is given to those bloggers who aspire, inspire and share the most beautiful of human attributes: art, wisdom and friendship. Deliver this award to eight bloggers who must choose eight more.

It's really difficult to choose who to pass this one on to. This time, I'd like to pass the Love My Friend award to 8 people (OK, so I did 12, sue me) who have shown real compassion for us as John and I fight through this next battle with Cancer. I get pep talks and emails and hugs and encouragement from these folks almost on a daily basis and for that, I love you! Some folks have gotten this award from Liz already and I do love you too! (you know who you are! MUAH!!) So, with that being said, I'd like to give this very special award to :

1. Braja at Lost and Found in India
2.Darsden at Ramblingsaboutwhy
3. Alix at Casa Hice
4. Ann at Ann's Rants
5. Lisa at I Didn't Get The Message
6. Maureen at Island Roar
7. Daria at Living With Cancer
8. Pseudo at Pseudonymous High School Teacher
9. Lilly at Lilly's Life
10. Jen at Sprite's Keeper
11. Julia at Sometimes Lucid
12. Petra at The Wise (Young) Mommy

Thank you all from the bottom of my heart for the love and the prayers and the encouragement. It means more to me than you could possibly know!




14 comments:

Lilly said...

Woo hoo, thank you Joanie. Hope both you and John are doing well.
I will think of a seventh thing that makes you awesome - your amazing sense of humor!!!

Sally's World said...

thank you honey, appreciate it xxxx

musingwoman said...

Very cool! and I'll be visiting the blogs you mentioned soon. :)

mo.stoneskin said...

You'll give anyone a ride to work huh? I've been consistently waiting by the road with my thumb up for months...

Ann Imig said...

Thank you sooo much, dear Joanie! I hope you get as good of service as you give out. I wish you 20% over drinks and tax every single time.

And I'm so glad you recognized yourself as being a wonderful caregiver. Its so easy to burn out from that most devoted of jobs, but being kind to yourself helps keep you going. Keep it up!

Love!
Ann

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

I gross you out on Monday's??? How rude!! And for the record, I think you LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my Morbid Monday posts!!

Hallie :)

Love my award...thxs. :)

Boozy Tooth said...

As if just getting these two lovely awards wasn't enough... getting them from you, my sweet Joanie, is the cherry on top.

Thank you honey baby sweetie pie - and right back at you, both ways.

I am on vacation and probably won't have time to do an award post justice (too drunk most of the time), but I promise to as soon as I return to civilization.

Your kindness means the world to me. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

darsden said...

Joanie number 7 is putting others first, with all you got going on girl you still have time to make others feel so special. Thankyou from the bottom of my heart for the the love my friends award. I really appreciate it. Means a lot.

I can imagine just how great a server you are too...I love a good waitress. I show it too. :-))
Hope you and John have a great week.

The Retired One said...

Joanie: thanks so much Sweetie!!! If you read my blog, you know that a few months back, I thanked everyone who blesses me with awards or tags, but I chose to stop doing them, because they were taking so much time to answer...I am ALWAYS grateful though and I thank you from the bottom of my heart...instead of perpetuating the award I will instead try and post some pretty pictures just for you today or tomorrow!!
Thanks so much for thinking of me for the award and for the shout out about my blog, I really, really appreciate it.
And I am so glad my photos cheer you up...I know you are going thru a LOT right now and if my photos help cheer you, I am SO glad.

Sprite's Keeper said...

Aw, thanks, Joanie! Every time I read one of your posts, I keep remembering how much further down the road you and John are in your fight! Keep going!

Maureen at IslandRoar said...

Thank you so much; that is the sweetest thing all day!

I can't wait to check out some of those other blogs as well.

Kat said...

Thanks so much Joanie! I will try to get this up ASAP!

Sharon Rose said...

Joanie,
I love those awesome things about you! That is exactly what I thought you would be like! You are a beautiful person!

Congratulations on your awards! You truly deserve them!
Still in my prayers. . . {hugs},
Sharon

Julia@SometimesLucid said...

Thank you Joanie :) What a great award coming from you! You definitely are as good of a friends to us as we try to be to you:)