Imagine my surprise when I got online tonight and discovered that I have been awarded TWO, count 'em TWO Blog Awards!
Ice Queen over at The Constant Chill bestowed the Queen Of All Things Award on me this weekend! This is very cool! I love being a queen, even if it's only virtual. If you don't read Ice Queen's blog, you should. I love teacher blogs! They have the best stories!
So, like all awards, this one comes with rules. So here they are:
1. List 7 things that make me awe-summm!
2. Pass the award onto 7 bloggers that I love
3. Tag those bloggers to let them know they are now Queens too (and link back to the Queen who tagged you)
Hmmmm.... 7 things that I think make me awesome. This might take a while.
1. Well, I think I am a real good (although at times tired) caregiver for John.
2. I'm an awesome server! If you come in often enough, I'll know what you drink and maybe even your favorite foods! I generally go home with at least 20% of my sales in tips, even after tipping out the bartender, busser and host.
3. I give really good back rubs!
4. I'm a cool mom!
5. I'll give just about anybody a ride to work if they ask, or a ride home.
6. I'm a really good listener, and over the years, I've learned to keep my mouth shut. I have some really good secrets!
7. Lilly at Lilly's Life told me to write that I have an amazing sense of humor, so that's my #7! Thanks Lilly!
Now to pass this on to 7 people I love:
1. This one's easy! Recovering Actor at My Inner Monoblog real name means Queen and I love her because she's my kid! And she got me started on Blogger!
2. Alix at Casa Hice because she always makes me feel good about myself and she makes me laugh my ass off!
3. Sally at Sally's World because she puts up the funniest little jokes and she does wonderful work for kids with special needs!
4. Hallie at The Wonderful World of Weiners because the great work she's doing for Organ Donation (even if she does gross me out every Monday morning)
5. Mrs. Mullet at Frogs In My Formula for putting up with the folks in Mulletville and at her job. And she absolutely cracks me up!
6. Joan at The Retirement Chronicles because she pictures always cheer me up!
7. Kat at 3 Bedroom Bungalow because Military wives are the best! They hold down the fort while their husbands are defending our country and put a brave face on for the world to see!
Whew! Well, that took some time! Now, on to the next really cool award!
I received this award from my good friend, Liz at Eternal Lizdom. Liz is so busy with her life I don't know where she finds the time to blog! Her blog is great though! You should stop by and say hello, if you don't already.
OK, here are the rules for this award. They're slightly different than the other one:
The Love My Friends Award is given to those bloggers who aspire, inspire and share the most beautiful of human attributes: art, wisdom and friendship. Deliver this award to eight bloggers who must choose eight more.
It's really difficult to choose who to pass this one on to. This time, I'd like to pass the Love My Friend award to 8 people (OK, so I did 12, sue me) who have shown real compassion for us as John and I fight through this next battle with Cancer. I get pep talks and emails and hugs and encouragement from these folks almost on a daily basis and for that, I love you! Some folks have gotten this award from Liz already and I do love you too! (you know who you are! MUAH!!) So, with that being said, I'd like to give this very special award to :
1. Braja at Lost and Found in India
2.Darsden at Ramblingsaboutwhy
3. Alix at Casa Hice
4. Ann at Ann's Rants
5. Lisa at I Didn't Get The Message
6. Maureen at Island Roar
7. Daria at Living With Cancer
8. Pseudo at Pseudonymous High School Teacher
9. Lilly at Lilly's Life
10. Jen at Sprite's Keeper
11. Julia at Sometimes Lucid
12. Petra at The Wise (Young) Mommy
Thank you all from the bottom of my heart for the love and the prayers and the encouragement. It means more to me than you could possibly know!