PARASAILING WAS FUN!!!

I WONDER WHAT'S NEXT? ZIP LINING MAYBE???




Thursday, April 8, 2010

Ok, so I'm a thief... but I'm giving the fellow credit

Okay, so I totally swiped this idea from my good friend, Irish Gumbo, and by the way, if you don't read his blog, you really should.  The man can write... he should be published.  Really. 

Anyway, when Irish had this music video on his blog on April 2, I listened to the song... really listened to the words.  It's an old song.  I've heard it for years, but that day, it was like I had heard it for the first time.  And I realized that THIS was our song, mine and John's.  This song describes our life together.  I got chills when I heard it.  If I ever marry this man, this is the song I want to dance to.

I know, I sound all mushy and hokey and y'all probably want to barf, but we really do get all mushy and hokey.  What can I say?  I feel like I'm in love for the first time in my life.

So, listen to the song.  REALLY listen to the words, and maybe you'll understand.

And speaking of John, he saw his oncologist today.  He's still her star patient!  His PET scan was definitely clear and he goes back in July for another one!







9 comments:

The Retired One said...

Woo Hoo! So happy for John's good health news and so happy that you two have found true love.
ps I couldn't get the video to work..it said "try again later".

Garret said...

Congrats to John!

Mellodee said...

I've always listened to the words of songs and every now and then you find ones that get it absolutely right!

Wonderful news about John's continuing good fortune.

Peggy said...

Wonderful news about John and wonderful to be in Love. Spring has sprung for you both!!!

Bill Lisleman said...

good song for a slow dance.
songs are great for lifting the spirit.
great health news to dance to.

Sueann said...

Woohoo!!! WTG John!!! That is super news. And to be so in love as well...well..icing on the cake of life!!
Hugs
SueAnn

Tracey said...

Fantastic news about John.. as for the song..wonderful xx

Heather said...

Mushy part aside..that is fantastic new about John!

Joanne said...

First - that is fabulous about John's tests - very very wonderful!!!

How cool to find your "song". Some songs just speak to me - ironically mine was an Alanis Morrisette song - Head over Feet. We walked back down the aisle to Queen's You're My Best Friend.