PARASAILING WAS FUN!!!

I WONDER WHAT'S NEXT? ZIP LINING MAYBE???




Thursday, April 1, 2010

Spin Cycle: One of my Favorites!


For this week's Spin Cycle, we were supposed to go back over our older posts and put one up that was a favorite.  Ok, this post if from January 6, 2009.  It's short but very funny!!  I hope you all enjoy it... again!

Poison ivy and boys

OK, Vodka Mom's latest entry brought a funny memory the surface and I thought I'd share.

Back in 1997 or 1998, when my then-husband and I had had a restaurant, he was never home for dinner. So one night, the kids (Gina 13, Tim 9 and Dani 6) and I are eating dinner. Tim proceeds to tell us that one of his school buddies got poison ivy all over his body, a really bad case. And Tim says, "Yeah, Mom! He even had it you-know-where." And he is pointing to his crotch. Just then, Dani pipes up with, "Yeah Mom! He even had it on his DICK!" Tim and Gina are sitting there in shocked silence because they aren't sure what I'm going to do about this. I'm not sure how I did it, but I kept my composure, got up, walked out of the house to the front steps and completely lost it! I probably laughed for 5 minutes straight, tears pouring down my face! It had to be one of the funniest things I've ever heard come out of a 6 year old's mouth!
It should have been a sign for things to come, because that kid now curses like a truck driver (with apologies to truck drivers!)

Now, go visit Jen at Sprite's Keeper and see who else posted an old-time favorite!  You can join in and post one of yours as well!

8 comments:

Sueann said...

That is so funny!! Good one!
Hugs
SueAnn

The Queen said...

LOVE IT.. I SPIN CYCLED SOME..

Boozy Tooth said...

It should have been a sign for things to come, because that kid now curses like a truck driver (with apologies to truck drivers!)

With aplogies! LOLOLOLOLOLOL

WeaselMomma said...

Thanks for spreading the laughter.

Sprite's Keeper said...

Bwahahaha! I have tears myself! That is hilarious! Reminds me of the time my cousin (who was four at the time) saw her newborn brother's penis for the first time and said to her mother, "uh oh, he has a finger on his peepee!" I still make fun of her and she's 18 now!

jennygirltherat said...

I once overheard my DAUGHTER (at about age 10) threaten a boy at a friend's swimming pool, "if you kick me in the balls, you're a dead man!" I had a tough time explaining to her that she doesn't have that equipment, when all I could think was she obviously has brass ones...

Heather said...

That was hilarious!!!

"because that kid now curses like a truck driver (with apologies to truck drivers!)"

No apologies necessary. In my experience, us truck drivers can swear up a storm!

Adrian said...

Lovely card, Denise. Just wanted to let you know I will be taking some time off for awhile from the challenge -- busy workload right now. Have a happy birthday!Accounting logo design