PARASAILING WAS FUN!!!

I WONDER WHAT'S NEXT? ZIP LINING MAYBE???




Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Random Tuesday Thoughts: The Goodbye Edition


 Tomorrow is the Memorial Service for John's brother, Paul who passed away TWO MONTHS ago!  What a mess when you die without a will!  It's taken nearly this long to get everything straightened out.  Thank goodness Paul was cremated.

So tomorrow I get to meet more of the family.  I've become friends with the Maine part of the family via Facebook.  Weird that you can be sad and happy excited at the same time.  Leave it to Paul to bring the family together, in his own, weird little way. 

I'm FINALLY getting my hair cut and colored after work today.  It's tough... my hairdresser and I work the same days and are off the same days.  The only time I can get in to see her is Tuesday nights.  So I switched hours with another server so I could get out of work early to get this accomplished.  

It's important I have my hair looking good.  I'm not sure if any of John's ex-wives will show up at the service.  It could be interesting if any of them do!  If any, the last one ( and the most dramatic, but that's a blog for another day) will show.  She's the one the police called when Paul's body was found, because her number was on his wall by the phone from when John was married to her.  And now she's Facebook friends with some of the family members.  sigh.  So I have to look good... I do have the advantage of being 10 years younger than her!  OH!  And she met Paul, one time, for 10 seconds, coming off an elevator at a hospital.

Got my bed fixed!!  I was able to buy the bed frame last week, and last weekend, John and I put the bed back together.   I'm happy I didn't fall out of bed too.  The mattresses have been on the floor for a month or more.  I was afraid I'd get out of bed in the middle of the night and forget they weren't on the floor any more.

Now I have to work on replacing the dishwasher.  Then get rid of the birds and squirrels who come into my attic at night.  Next is replacing the carpet on the stairs and hall, then the one in Dani's bedroom.  I also need to replace the drywall in my basement, or tear it down completely.  Lots of mold down there from all the rain we had in the last year and a lousy sump pump not working properly (I replaced that a few months ago and it works like a charm!)

I really need to win the lottery, since I hooked up with a fellow who's as broke as I am.

I'm absolutely hooked on a Facebook game called Mahjongg Dimensions.  I'm trying to beat a few of my friends but they are slipping away from me.  I need Spring Bonus games people!!!!  

And it's Lost night!  And The Biggest Loser night!  And Glee night!  glad I invested in that DVR!


Well, I think that's it for my randomness!  Go see Keely at The Un Mom, read some of the randomness from other folks.  You can even give it a try yourself!  Go over, grab the button, link your random stuff to Keely's blog and you might even find some new friends!

11 comments:

Sueann said...

You are going to look fabulous...not that you don't already!!
Glad you got the bed back together!!
Birds and squirrels?? Yikes!
I need to replace the carpeting in my living room...I hate the color and I bought it. It looks nothing like the swatch I picked from. Sigh! I am going for wood floor this time.
Hugs
SueAnn

Anonymous said...

Wow. I am super sorry for your loss, wish you the best of luck with your hair and thank you for the reminder that I have roots that have grown deeper than an Elm tree.

I am Harriet said...

I know what you mean about the Facebook thing. Good luck with the memorial.
Have a great Tuesday! http://harrietandfriends.com/2010/04/whoaaado-turn-ac-turn-car-ignition/

Matty said...

Keep smiling, good service, get big tips, buy new things. If only it were that simple.

Joanne said...

Happy Hair colour and your reason is perfectly perfect. Strange about the ex.

Don't tell me about Facebook games - I spent months last year with another that will remain nameless - I had to go on vacation to break the addiction.

GLEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!EEEEEE!!!!!!

Captain Dumbass said...

Too many shows on Tuesdays! And you're going to Maine? Be careful.

Joanie said...

Nope! Maineiacs are coming to Pennsylvania!

Heather said...

So sorry for yalls loss. It must be real hard on John. Wow to wait two months for a funeral, that really is a good thing he was cremated.

Good luck at the funeral and show off the new do.

Boozy Tooth said...

Sending my condolences to you and John. And no, it's not weird to be sad and happy and excited at the same time. They are all three different emotions for three different reasons.

And you WILL be the envy of the exes. You WILL!

Congrats on the new bed frame. Try to keep it in good working order, okay? Use the trapeze for the kinky stuff. That's what it's for. {wink}

tattytiara said...

It's wonderful that you're able to looks forward to it. Funerals and memorial services are held to provide comfort through the companionship of loved ones, after all. I hope you all enjoy a lovely service and a wonderful opportunity to spend time with one another.

Joanna Jenkins said...

I am so sorry for John's loss. That can't be easy.

You'll be looking fabulous I'm sure.

Sending hugs,
j