PARASAILING WAS FUN!!!

I WONDER WHAT'S NEXT? ZIP LINING MAYBE???




Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Major Rant, and I dropped a n F-bomb or two.

You remember when my water heater broke, two days before Christmas?  And how, on Christmas Eve, I used the car insurance money to buy a new water heater?  And how my niece's husband offered to install it for me?   Well, a few days after Christmas, he did install it.  I was at work when he was here.  My daughter gave him the $100 I had set aside.  He didn't hang around to make sure it worked.  It didn't.  There was a small leak and it wouldn't get hot.  After some finagling on MY part, I got it working.  It took 2 days for the water to get hot enough.  It worked for 2 days.  Then it stopped working. No hot water, but it still leaks. 


The water heater has not worked since around New Year's Day.  He told me he was coming up to fix it.  Then it snowed.  Then my niece had emergency surgery.  Now he doesn't answer my calls.  My niece told me he'd be here today.  Guess who didn't show up?  


I have learned a valuable and expensive lesson.  Do not ever rely on family to do a job for you.  Lowe's wanted $300 to install it.  Now I'll probably have to have a plumber come in, and it'll probably cost me even more than if Lowe's had done it in the first place.  I might even need some new parts for it.  I am so fucking mad right now, I could cry.  He offered to do the job, I didn't ask him.  All I want him to do is fix it.  Make it work again.


I've managed to get a shower at John's twice a week.  I didn't get to go to his place this weekend because I was sick with a cold.  I went back to work today.  I had to wash my hair in cold water because it needed it so badly.
That was fun.  


If Trey was here right now, I'd kick him in the balls.  Then throw his ass downstairs to fix my heater and not let him back upstairs until I had hot water.    I want my $100 back.   

9 comments:

That Janie Girl said...

Hate cold showers.

Just saying.

Sueann said...

Trey...get your ass over there and fix that water heater...you loser!!! What a pain!
I sure hope you get it fixed this week. No hot water sucks big time. And $100 is a lot of money nowadays. Well hell, any day!!
I will hold him and you can kick him!!
Hugging you
SueAnn

Garret said...

Sorry Joanie. It's so much harder when family is involved. He needs to just hand over the $100 and bail if that's what it takes.

Ina in Alaska said...

Holiday time in your family is going to be a blast! That was one costly $100 investment for your niece and her hubby.

We learned that lesson over here. I have a good hearted son in law who made and installed the new French doors on the deck (last summer before the new deck was built). He also removed the deck that had been on the front of the house. He did a very good job but it was s - l - o - w g- o - i - n g............... never again for "help" from family..... took most of the summer because we had to wait for hockey practice, tournaments, this, that, whatever... AND we had to pay him!!! And my hubby had given them the down payment on the duplex they now live in!!! Very extremely nervy. In my opinion. But as a MIL I have learned to keep my mouth shut. But I remember this crap.

From now on, only professionals here too. It is less costly in the long run.

kden said...

Dropping the F bomb can be cathartic. It doesn't help the situation but makes you feel better, if only temporary. In the long run, professionals are best. Although 300 bucks seems quite a bit to install. When we got a new one, we bought it from an plumber who also installed, wasn't too bad of a deal. Furnace companies also install too, around here anyway. Good luck ;-)

Sprite's Keeper said...

It's always worse when it's family that lets you down. I hope you get your 100 back. You may have to go through your niece, but 100 is still 100. He owes you.

Debbie said...

I think I'd stay after that no-account piece of trash relative until he put up or shut up! I am so sorry this has happened to you!

Just Stuff From a Boomer said...

I think you need to be a "sofa sleeper" guest at their house, where the shower works, until yours is fixed. Bring your clothes, favorite books and snacks and tell them you are there until your works. I'm sure they won't mind. lol

gayle said...

I would def. ask for my money back. He didn't do the job! So sorry this had to happen!