PARASAILING WAS FUN!!!

I WONDER WHAT'S NEXT? ZIP LINING MAYBE???




Monday, January 10, 2011

Musical Monday's Music Moves Me: Freebie!!


Lorie at The Shrewbridges of Celebration, FL told me about Monday's Music Moves Me, so here's another cool music blog meme to do


Amanda at Bloggin’ with Amanda hosts Musical Monday – What Move’s You?. You can get the instructions by clicking here.

This week, we could post whatever song we wanted.  This song, Cowboy, Take Me Away by the Dixie Chicks is probably my favorite country song.  The Dixie Chicks are probably my favorite female country singers ever!  Tim McGraw is my favorite male country singer.    I love this whole album!  I saw the Dixie Chicks at Lilith Fair in Hershey, PA in the summer of 1999, just as Fly was hitting the airwaves.  I like to close my eyes and listen to this song, really loud.  It makes me calm.





Since I love so many of the songs on this album,  I also wanted to post Sin Wagon.  In my mind,  this is about a woman going crazy after her husband leaves her.  I can identify with this song!  I really really love the music in this song!!!  The banjo and violin solos are incredible!
  


Congratulations to Rosidah and Six In The Nest for the Spotlight Dance!!




14 comments:

Peggy said...

Joanie;

I have this albun also and I would have a hard time picking a favorite. Nice choice on Cowboy!

Sueann said...

Great songs...but Youtube wouldn't let me hear then on your blog...an error occurred! Drats!! Have a great Monday!
Hugs
SueAnn

Cherie said...

Love Cowboy Take Me Away. I guess he did because when I first heard it I was in New York, now I'm in Arizona :0)

Unknown said...

Not my kind of music but glad it makes you happy Joanie!

Stacy Uncorked said...

LOVE the Dixie Chicks and LOVE your choices - I have these on my iPod! ;)

MMMM: To the Sky

Martha said...

Good Morning! Love the Dixie Chicks!

Colette S said...

I haven't heard these before so it was good to hear the new music.

gosh I'd love to play the violin.

Glad you are dancing with us.

Run DMT said...

I don't like Country music, but I do love the Dixie Chicks. Great picks!

Self Sagacity said...

I like the Dixie Chicks and some country music - like Carrie U, although I don't listen to them often. I don't even know what station is for country music in our town. LoL

Anonymous said...

I like country music, but don't normally listen to it. If I did...it would be this stuff! Great songs, and super-talented ladies!

XmasDolly said...

Love the Dixie Chicks! They got Moxie that's for sure! That song Sin Wagon was done by Carrie Underwood on American Idol, and she did it exactly like them. Love that song. They've really changed for the better over the years haven't they & that one in the middle forget her name now she sure lost the weight. God bless her. Thanks for playing along this week, and don't forget about Conductor Larry's Give-away at Cakeblast just for the 4M players. Good luck & hope to see you next week too! Have a good one.

Joanie said...

@ Xotrt's Ramblings, whenever I try to click on your link, I always get an error message. I just wanted to let you know.

Lorie Shewbridge said...

I like country music, but hubby doesn't so I don't get to listen to it as often as I like. I really like Cowboy Take Me Away, it is really beautiful! I have never heard the second one, but LOVE IT. You are so right about the banjo and fiddle solos. My son plays the banjo (he actually made his own banjo) and I know how difficult that can be, so that part really impressed me.
Thanks so much for the shout out to our Spotlight Dancers, that was really kind of you. :)
Can't wait to hear your picks for next week.

XmasDolly said...

I sure hope you see this! I couldn't find your e-mail address. I wanted to let you know that I nominated you for The Stylish blogger Award. You can see the rules and get the button at my blog (like u don't know where that's at! LOL) HUGS!!!