PARASAILING WAS FUN!!!

I WONDER WHAT'S NEXT? ZIP LINING MAYBE???




Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Poison ivy and boys

OK, Vodka Mom's latest entry brought a funny memory the surface and I thought I'd share.

Back in 1997 or 1998, when my then-husband and I had had a restaurant, he was never home for dinner. So one night, the kids (Gina 13, Tim 9 and Dani 6) and I are eating dinner. Tim proceeds to tell us that one of his school buddies got poison ivy all over his body, a really bad case. And Tim says, "Yeah, Mom! He even had it you-know-where." And he is pointing to his crotch. Just then, Dani pipes up with, "Yeah Mom! He even had it on his DICK!" Tim and Gina are sitting there in shocked silence because they aren't sure what I'm going to do about this. I'm not sure how I did it, but I kept my composure, got up, walked out of the house to the front steps and completely lost it! I probably laughed for 5 minutes straight, tears pouring down my face! It had to be one of the funniest things I've ever heard come out of a 6 year old's mouth!
It should have been a sign for things to come, because that kid now curses like a truck driver (with apologies to truck drivers!)

12 comments:

Irish Gumbo said...

(spit take) Ouch. Well, give the lad credit for being to the point!
Ha!

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

Funny, funny story!!! Love it!!

Hallie

Joanie said...

Actually, Irish, Dani (Danielle) is a girl. lol

Irish Gumbo said...

Doh! (ears red) My bad! ;)

Vodka Mom said...

oh my God I am laughing so hard right now- I can just HEAR this conversation in my head.......


whew that was great.....

Ann Imig said...

Hilarious, Joanie.

Mary Ellen said...

Cute story. Kids do say the darndest things sometimes!

Thanks for stopping by my blog - and congratulations for getting through all my long-winded speeches! I am constantly amazed at how supportive this blogging community is. I don't know what I'd do without it. I think I had a lot of stuff bottled up inside me for a long time, and it's helping immensely to get it out!

Hope you're feeling better. I'll be back to check on you!

♥ Braja said...

Gotta love a man who's straightforward verbally :)

Lilly said...

That is so funny and the best bit was your apology to truck drivers. Kids are priceless it is true but then when they grow up some we would give them away for nothing! (ok only sometimes).

Joanie said...

Thanks everyone! I still LOL when I tell the story. Gina and Tim thought I was going to kill their sister! I laughed til I cried that night!

Boozy Tooth said...

Oh dear. Oh my. And Bravo.

a mouthy irish woman? ridiculous! said...

i love it. on his dick. i love it. i can see the expression and the inflection in which that line was delivered.

primo my friend.