PARASAILING WAS FUN!!!

I WONDER WHAT'S NEXT? ZIP LINING MAYBE???




Monday, November 16, 2009

Indulge me. I love my soldiers.

 
 
When a soldier comes home, he finds it hard......

to listen to his son whine about being bored.  

....to keep a straight face when people complain about potholes.  

            to be tolerant of people who complain about the hassle of getting ready for work.  

...to be understanding when a co-worker complains about a bad night's sleep.

..to be silent when people pray to God for a new car.  

....to control his panic when his wife tells him he needs to drive slower.  


..to be compassionate when a businessman expresses a fear of flying.  


....to keep from laughing when anxious parents say they're afraid to  
 send their kids off to summer camp.  


....to keep from ridiculing someone who complains about hot weather.  


....to control his frustration when a colleague gripes about his coffee being cold.    


....to remain calm when his daughter complains about having to walk the dog.  


.....to be civil to people who complain about their jobs.    


.....to just walk away when someone says they only get two weeks of vacation a year.  


....to be forgiving when someone says how hard it is to have a new baby in the house.

The only thing harder than being a Soldier...  

 
Is loving one.  




10 comments:

Ice Queen said...

Adorable

Boozy Tooth said...

I just saw that on someone else's blog the other day. It got my attention then and it got my attention now. Thanks for posting it, Joanie.

linlah said...

The phots don't load for me but the words are powerful.

Joanna Jenkins said...

The photos didn't load but I love the thought behind the message. Thanks. I hadn't seen this before.
xo

Nina said...

God Bless soldiers. I hadn't seen this before. It puts everything into perspective. Something we all need to be reminded of once in a while. Be thankful for what we have.... Blessings to you and yours. Love and Light, Nina P

bernthis said...

Joanie: you're incredible. I LOOOVE THIS. So true. So damn true

Joanne said...

Its a great post - thanks Joanie. I have also seen it before but its something that needs to be seen again and again and again.

Michele Risner said...

AMEN to that!

Sprite's Keeper said...

Grr, locked out all day and now the photos don't load!
Ah, I didn't get the photos but I completely got the message. Well said, Joanie! You're linked!

Adrian said...

Bwahahaha! I have tears myself! That is hilarious! Reminds me of the time my cousin (who was four at the time) saw her newborn brother's penis for the first time and said to her mother, "uh oh, he has a finger on his peepee!" I still make fun of her and she's 18 now!Accounting logo design