Sunday, January 9, 2011
Life Is Good Award!
Carol at Facing 50 With Humor honored me with the Life Is Good Award!! And life IS good for me these days! Granted, I don't have a lot of money, but I have a roof over my head, enough money to buy food, pay my bills and few extras. I have 3 great kids who have managed to grow to adulthood with no real problems. I have man who I am crazy about and is crazy about me in return. Winning the lottery would be cool, but I'm doing OK without it.
I have fun blogging and it's a real thrill to know people actually read my blog! I'm not trying to become a writer like so many people do with their blog. I think, for me, it was more of a journal, a diary to help me get through my divorce and learn to get on with my life. It was a place for me to vent when, not long after meeting a terrific guy, he gets diagnosed with cancer! This blog helped me to deal with that. Today John is cancer-free and I get to celebrate that wonderful news here! It also allows me to brag about my kids!
I'm passing the award on to bloggers who I feel are genuinely worth visiting. Go and see them. They always make me smile and are often very humorous so definitely worthy of the 'Life is Good' Award.
Here are the things you have to do when you get this award:
1. First, thank and link back to the person that gave the award.
2. Answer the 10 survey questions
3. Pass the award along to other bloggers whom you think are fantastic.
4. Contact the bloggers you have chosen to let them know about the award.
1. If you blog anonymously, are you happy doing this? If you aren't anonymous, do you wish you started out anonymously, so that you could be anonymous now?
I don't blog anonymously, nor do I comment on other blogs anonymously. I've learned to watch what I write about my family. If I want someone to remain anonymous, I don't use his or her name.
2. Describe an incident that shows your inner stubborn side.
I don't think I'm all that stubborn. If my daughter reads this and can think of something, please feel free to share it!
3. What do you see when you really look at yourself in the mirror?
I see my older sister and my mother! I am the image of them. If I didn't color my hair, my sister and I would almost look like twins!
4. What is your favourite summer cold drink?
My favorite alcoholic drink would be frozen margaritas. Non-alcoholic is iced tea with lots of lemon and 1 packet of sweet and low..
5. When you take time for yourself, what do you do?
Read, read, read. Oh! and Facebook and my blog
6. Is there something that you still want to accomplish in your life?
I want to get back to a healthy weight, but frankly, I'm too lazy to do it.
7. When you attended school, were you the class clown, the class overachiever, the shy person, or always ditching?
I was pretty anonymous in school. I was one of nearly 1000 students in my class (Catholic baby boomer!!) Teachers may or may not remember me.
8. If you close your eyes and want to visualize a very poignant moment in your life, what would you see?
My kids going off to college. My husband walking out the door to be with someone else. Finding out that John's transplant worked and he was cancer-free. My parents' deaths. Oh damn! I just might cry!
9. Is it easy for you to share your true self in your blog, or are you more comfortable writing posts about other people and events?
I'm okay with writing about myself. I do write about other people in my life and events too.
10. If you had the choice to sit down and read a book or talk on the phone, which would you do and why?Read a book. I love to read and have 3 books going at once, all the time. It's funny, with texting, sometimes it's easier to do that than talk. I guess it depends on who I am talking to!
I would like to pass this award on to:
Martha at The Daily Grind
Sue Ann at
Amy at The 4th Frog Blog
Ina at Ina in Alaska
Liz at Eternal Lizdom