Saturday, January 15, 2011
Stylish Blogger Award
I came home from work today (Saturday) to find a message from the Coupon Queen that she was passing on the Stylish Blogger Award to me! I'm thrilled to get this! Check out Coupon Queen's blog! This gal doesn't pay full price for anything! We could probably all learn to save money from her! Thanks Coupon Queen!!
Wow! When it rains, it pours! Marie at XMas Dolly also gave me this award today! Marie (along with 3 other folks) hosts a really fun meme on Mondays called Monday's Music Moves Me. They give us a theme and we post music videos that relate. It's quite often a real blast from the past!! Check it out!!!And thanks a bunch, Marie!!!
Now what I have to do are these 4 things:
1. Thank and link back to the person who awarded you this award
2. Share 7 things about yourself
3. Award 15 recently discovered great bloggers
4. Contact these bloggers and tell them about the award!
Seven things you may or may not know about me:
1. I joined Nutrisystem some months ago, did well for about a month, got lazy, stopped Nutrisystem and gained all my weight back, plus 5 pounds. sigh.
2. My car, a 2003 Pontiac Vibe, was 8 years old on December 31. I have 129,000+ miles on it. I love my Vibe! I hope we have many more happy years together. Guess I should get that oil changed!
3. I used to own a restaurant with my then-husband. It was alleged to be haunted by the daughter of the original owner, who built the place in 1740. I may or may not have seen her from time to time.
4. I used to be a hair stylist, back in the 1970s and 1980s. My license lapsed at some point.
5. I finally agreed to meet my ex's trophy wife (after 6 years) when our son graduated from college this past May. I actually hugged her and did not do anything nasty to her (although fantasizing about it was fun!). I even shocked myself!! ( to explain, my ex left me for her and she's considerably younger than me)
6. I would move to a warm climate in a heartbeat! I am so over cold weather and , oil bills and snow! I envy my childhood friend who lives in the British Virgin Islands!
7. I didn't learn how to drive until just before my 28th birthday! Now I'll drive anywhere but Manhattan!
I would like to pass this award onto the following:
FibromyWHAT? Ann Again... and again From "The Acres of Misfits" Socrates Book Review The Beckers The Shewbridges of Central Florida Yaya's Home Beatrice Banks Jillsy Girl It's A Dog's Life Keenly Kristin Never Growing Old Jingle The Book Vixen