PARASAILING WAS FUN!!!

I WONDER WHAT'S NEXT? ZIP LINING MAYBE???




Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Sisterhood Award


Liz over at Eternal Lizdom gave me this award and I really really like it! Thanks so much, Liz!


First, share memories or thoughts of childhood or adulthood sister-friends. Funny, sad, whatever.


My friend, Tina who became my friend when I went to Curves. Over time, we have become like best friends. I credit Tina with saving my life! She was really there for me when my marriage fell apart and I was careening down a slippery slope. She dragged my sorry ass out of the house for dinner or lunch and/or movies. Anything to get me to stop being a hermit. And she talked me into going on the best cruise I ever went on!! She's the one who got me laughing again... I laughed so much on that cruise, like I hadn't done in years and years. I literally wet my pants! And she's a damn good masseuse!


Margie, who has been my friend for 47 years! We have been friends since 1st grade! We knew we were friends in grade school but didn't know exactly how long until I found our first grade class picture and Margie is sitting right beside me! We were in each other's weddings (I met my ex through her husband), we had kids together, she was there when my mom and dad died. We don't see each other too often any more but we're still the best of friends!


Nicole, who I work with. I am Nicole's work mom. We confide in each other about things we'd never tell anyone else. I knew she was pregnant before anyone except her own mom (even before the baby's daddy!).


Kathy, who I met when our boys went through school together. She helped my two daughters when they were preparing for college auditions (you need to audition for college if you want to be a theatre major). We do girls night out, but not as often as we should.


Sue, who used to be my sister-in-law. We are both divorced from brothers and she is the Founder of The Poletti First Wives Club. (and frankly I don't care that their real last name is up there because it's no longer our last name!) Sue and I raised our girls together (they were born 4 months apart) and we had lots of good times. I missed her when she split from her ex. We still see each other from time to time and talk more often on the phone.


Second, pass the award on to however many bloggers you'd like to share this with- but make sure you share this award specifically with bloggers that you feel a kinship with. Bloggers you learn from or feel that you teach, bloggers you've connected with in a really familiar and friendly way.

So I'd like to pass this terrific award on to

Pseudo at Pseudonymous High School Teacher

Candy at Candy's Daily Dandy

Amy at The 4th Frog Blog

Vodka Mom at I Need A Martini Mom

because Vodka Mom wants to kill my ex if she ever gets that chance and is most like my own sister, Jeanne. Candy and I seem to be living parallel lives (except she has dogs and I have cats) and Amy and Pseudo because I just really feel an affinity with them!

8 comments:

Pseudo said...

thanks Joanie! Very cool award since I treasure my women friends and am flattered tht you thought of me.

Your friendships sound wonderful.

darsden said...

That's awesome Joanie, congratulations :-)

Anonymous said...

Really great! Congrats.

Kat said...

Congrats on the award!

Candy's daily Dandy said...

Awww Joanie, thanks for the special award... I am honored and I LOVE the sisterhood connection. Sending good, sister love right back atcha!!

What would we do without the love and bonding of our treasured friends. Like you said, without them, we may have not made it through life's most testing moments. In person or in the bloggersphere-rest assured, we got your back!

ps-I totally suck at these cuz I have no idea how to put them on my sidebar-so don't be offended if you don't see it. The one I do have-Scope totally walked me through the entire process-otherwise it wouldn't be there. :)

Joanie said...

Check your email, Candy. I sent instructions. :)

Vodka Mom said...

pssst. I've got the shotgun cleaned and loaded. Don't tell anyone.


xoxoxox

Vodka Mom said...

AND, you are a doll. YOu really inspire me. You keep on enjoying and loving life. You deserve it!!!!

oxoxox