PARASAILING WAS FUN!!!

I WONDER WHAT'S NEXT? ZIP LINING MAYBE???




Thursday, March 26, 2009

Spin Cycle: Quirks: Denny

Jen, over at Sprite's Keeper has a really cool weekly meme, with a theme! If you want to learn about Spin Cycle, go on over and check her out and then read what everyone else is spinning! So this one is mine!

I've been wracking my brain all week, trying to come up with some good quirkiness of mine. And for the life of me, I can't seems to think of any! I'm sure my daughter will be happy to chime in here with all my quirks!



But I do work with a man who is so full of quirks that he just makes everyone laugh and shake their heads. His name is Denny and he's a server, like me, at the place I work. Denny is very very friendly and everyone knows Denny! Denny is always laughing, always friendly. He is a 46 year old gay man, who still lives with his mother. These are just some of his quirks! (like still living with mom at 46 isn't quirky!)

*When Denny walks in the door to work, he announces Good Morning! no matter what time of day it is. He has to hang up his coat, get a cup of coffee and smoke a cigarette.

*He goes absolutely crazy if the coffee/soda area is not just so! There must be styrofoam cups, lids, creamer, regular coffee, iced tea.

*He gets all worked up if we are out of any particular food item and will gripe about it all night.

*If you ask how he is, Denny will bless himself and say 60/40! (and he's not even Catholic!)

*Whenever he puts any order into the computer, he yells "You're In!" when he sends the order to the kitchen.

*Denny must have the areas he's working in filled with the things he might need (extra printer paper, to go boxes and bags, staples, straws, napkins.) And it doesn't matter that these things are not supposed to be in this area!

*If we make changes about where supplies are kept, and we do from time to time, he just goes nuts!

*He HAS to play Canasta online every night before going to bed, while watching the Golden Girls.

And these are just the quirks about WORK!! I can't imagine what he's like at home!!! I'm surprised his mom hasn't shot him yet!

I wish I could remember more because there is so much that Denny does and it just cracks us all up!

16 comments:

Joanie said...

Hi Joanie,
I was reading one of the blog that I follow (Pacing the Panic Room), as I'm about to write my comment, I saw my name and wonder why I couldn't remember writing it. But when I click your name I saw your blog and I like, so I decide to follow you.

cheers,
joanie

Joanie said...

I've done the same thing to you, Joanie! Maybe I'll change mine to Joanie M, so we'll know we aren't seeing things!

Anonymous said...

I think Denny is a keeper and should be your #1 reason for going to work each day.

Joanie said...

Denny IS a keeper! I don't work with him too often because he works nights and I work days. Denny usually takes over my station.

Mary Ellen said...

He sounds like a hoot - I'd love working with someone like that.

How funny that he plays canasta - my mother sure would have liked him!

Sprite's Keeper said...

Denny sounds like the good type of quirky!
I work with some very quirky people, and if I wasn't so afraid of revenge, I would completely narc on them! You're linked!

Amy said...

What's 60/40?

Joanie said...

Amy, 60/40 is 60% good, 40% bad. So he's doing ok. Denny's weird but we all love him!

Pearl said...

60/40 is pretty good some days!
Denny sounds like a hoot.
Pearl

Garret said...

I looked up Denny in my gay atlas but couldn't find him. I was sure I might know him.....

Garret

Joanie said...

As I was reading other people's posts on quirks, I'm remembering my mom and hers. As she got older, my mom's quirks increased. She would go back inside the house several times to check the stove to make sure the pilot light didn't go out. She would also do this at night, before going to bed. She'd re-check the door to make sure it was locked. Of course, now I'm drawing a blank on the other weird stuff she did!

Hmmm.... I wonder if my daughter, Gina (named for my mother) will pop in here and fess up about HER quirks!!

Pseudo said...

Always fun to have a Denny to look forward to.

Anonymous said...

Canasta and The Golden Girls? That cracks me up!!!!

Laufa said...

Interesting Spin! I bet your kids could tell you some quirks, that you don't even realize you do.

Joanie said...

Oh, Im sure! I was hoping my daughter would chime in here, but she didn't. She's got some real oddball quirks.

Adrian said...

I am sorry that you had to work on a gorgeous day. Here's to hoping that you got to make up for it with a little play time!company logo design