PARASAILING WAS FUN!!!

I WONDER WHAT'S NEXT? ZIP LINING MAYBE???




Friday, March 27, 2009

You know, I just can't win

Just when I think things are looking up, financially, something has to happen to knock me right back down.

I made a deal with one of my creditors to make monthly payments and get rid of this debt. When this is paid off, I only have one more to go. THEN, I can pay off the hospital bill when I cut my hand last summer and went to he hospital to get stitches. Had I known that my deductible had to be paid before any of the hospital bill could be covered, I'd have gotten a few butterfly bandages and lived with a thicker scar on my palm, no big deal. but now I have a $1600 ER bill to pay and that doesn't include the man who stitched me up! GRRR!!!!!!

I came home today and paid a few small bills. And just now I realized I didn't see the deduction for the creditor that was supposed to come out today. So now there isn't enough in my account to cover that friggin' bill!! AND my stupid worthless $400 health insurance payment will be coming out of the account in less than a week.

I also have an $1800 car insurance bill due in a month. I can probably get my ex to give me half of the kids share of the insurance since they never bother to give me any money towards it.

This is all normal stuff. The thing that just set this off is my son came home for a day or so from school, and, as always, he brought a bunch of laundry home. This is fine because he almost always does his laundry himself. He asked me if I'd help him because his friends wanted to take him out tonight to celebrate his turning 21 last week. So I had a load in the washer and a load in the dryer. My daughter, Dani came home and ran downstairs to get something of hers out of the dryer, which of course they weren't there. So she went to turn the dryer back on, and it just hummed. The drum isn't turning. The fucking dryer is fucking broken!

I really don't need this aggravation and added expense. I hate it that I have to scrounge all the time. These are the days when I really hate my lousy cheating bastard ex-husband, who is sitting in his nice little townhouse in NJ with is $125,000+ salary and his fat-ass slut home-wrecking, husband-stealing wife's nice big salary, living his little "more active lifestyle" life and I'm struggling just to get the bills paid.

OK, I know I'm just trying to blow off steam here, but I sure do wish a little windfall could head my way. I don't need a lot. A measily $500,000 would get me out of debt, pay off my kids' college loans, pay for the youngest one's way through college and maybe allow me to take a little trip to relax for a bit. Unfortunately, the only way that's going to happen is if my ex would kick the bucket. but I don't think he's willing to do that for me. Selfish bastard.

18 comments:

Garret said...

Egads! I'm so sorry! Here's a good luck hug!

Garret

Boozy Tooth said...

Joanie, sweetie...

I am so so very sorry that you are struggling right now. How I wish I had bags of money I could throw at you - because I would.

But honey, if you want our sympathy you absolutely MUST stop being so goddam funny. It's hard to weep and laugh at the same time.

I get why you are so resentful toward your ex. Why why why can men be such shitheads sometimes? At least you have a good one now. Why not marry the man, merge households, save money, live more comfortably, and have the last laugh. Flartus reminded me recently that living well is the best revenge. I second the motion.

I love you.

Kat said...

I take it you don't like your ex's new wife ;)

Sorry that things are so shitty in the money department. If I could help you out I would be sending you booku bucks, but alas the military pays shit. Just know that I am pullin for you.

Sally's World said...

your ex sounds totally selfish, he wont do that one little thing!!!!!!

seriously tho, sorry your going through this, i hope things turn around soon...sending luck for a windfall...coming your way now!

Amy said...

You are preachin' to the choir, sister. Ok, maybe not the ex-husband part, but the too many bills and not enough money part.

Joanie said...

@Garret, thanks for the hug! They ALWAYS help!

@Alix, getting married right now would make everything worse, financially. I'd lose my alimony and I earned every penny of that! If I wait until after the alimony ends, I'll also be eligible for the ex's social security, which is double what mine would be.

@Kat, nope! I don't like her. Actually, we've never met. He left me for her and she's 14 years younger than me. So, double hate. :)

@Sally, I know! You'd think he'd do this one little thing for me. (just kidding, God!)

@Amy, aw, I was just blowing off steam. It just seems like everything piles up at once.

The Retired One said...

There is a weapon of revenge....it is called Karma.....
he will get his in some form or another...you wait and see.

A dryer can be replaced, but his character cannot.
Hang in there!!

darsden said...

I am just going on a positive note here. I love the new picture it is great :-)

Pseudo said...

Deep breaths and focus on the things working. So the electronics don't join forces in a break down. My husband is a banquet captain at a big hotel and work has been SLOW for four months now. Bills are going in late. Then, this last two weeks, the garage door, the washer, the garbage disposal, and the vacuum all decided to fuck with us.

Hang in there. We can beat them!

Michelle said...

What a cluster fuck!
I wish you all the money you need. Please wishe me some back! lol

Loida of the 2L3B's said...

Please don't worry too much my friend, "there's always sunshine in every rain.." this will turn out alright later on.

Julia@SometimesLucid said...

Good luck on getting out of debt. You have a great attitude (even when you bitch). I hope you get a windfall soon :)

Queen Bee said...

My mom always tells me that it's darkest before the dawn. Hopefully that's true for you.

Michelle said...

I gave you some love on my blog!

Eternal Lizdom said...

I wish I had some magical way of helping you... or some way of forcing the ex to pay up!

Joanie said...

Actually, I get a pretty good alimony check every month, and will continue to get it until Dec 2014 (so long as I don't remarry). And once Dani goes to college, I won't have to worry about tuition or prom or class rings, etc. It just feels like everything is piling up right now.

bernthis said...

I know. I have an ac/heating unit that died again, even though I barely use. I have two leaks in my house, and I hate my car with a total passion (I know it's not broken) I'm just saying.

It is true. When one door closes, another door opens but it sure is hell in the hallway

Joanie said...

Amen Sister!