PARASAILING WAS FUN!!!

I WONDER WHAT'S NEXT? ZIP LINING MAYBE???




Thursday, November 25, 2010

Glad I wasn't at THIS Thanksgiving feast!

This is a re-run from last year.  I thought it was, well... amusing, I suppose, so I wanted to tell it again.

This is a story that was told to me quite a few years ago.  My ex-brother-in-law told us this tale about his aunt, many years ago.

Bryan's aunt was hosting Thanksgiving dinner.  All the relatives were there.  Everyone was having a good time.  Lots of food and drink on the table.  They all enjoyed the great spread.
Some hours later, one by one, the relatives started to feel sick.  Then they started to  "lose their lunch".  Since it was a holiday weekend, the doctors' offices were closed, so they each went to the hospital.  

It took a while to get the facts, but it turned out that Auntie served a fresh turkey.  She bought it live and had to kill it and remove the feathers and other fun stuff before she could cook it.  

Now the way to kill a turkey is to wring it's neck.  Auntie didn't have the heart to do this, so she poisoned the bird !!!  She had no idea the poison would still be in the bird, and she ended up poisoning her entire family!  

Luckily, everyone recovered, but you can be damn sure Auntie wasn't allowed to cook any more holiday meals!!!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!

5 comments:

Mellodee said...

The dumb (that's the nicest word I could come up with!) things that people do constantly amaze me!

Hope your Thanksgiving is SOOOOOOOOO much better than that one!!

Gigi said...

Oh no!!!! Sounds like something I might do - which explains why I'm not allowed to cook either! Happy Thanksgiving!

Tammy @BeatriceBanks said...

Haha! Thanks for the laugh on Turkey Day! Hope you have a good one and stay well!

Candy's daily Dandy said...

SURE Auntie didn't know....mwhahahahahahaha!!

Hope it was a good one Joanie!

Classic NYer said...

::gasp!::

oh wow... just... wow...

Haha, I can see one of my aunties doing this on purpose...