PARASAILING WAS FUN!!!

I WONDER WHAT'S NEXT? ZIP LINING MAYBE???




Friday, November 19, 2010

Spin Cycle: Giving Thanks










This week's Spin Cycle is all about Giving Thanks.  It's also the last spin cycle we'll be doing for a while, since Jen from Sprite's Keeper is giving it a rest for a bit.  I hope she brings it back before too long.  Although I didn't always participate, I did enjoy reading everyone's contributions.  I'll miss them!  But please hop over to her blog and see what others are thankful for!


I have a lot to be thankful for these days.  Here are some of the many things I'm thankful for!


I'm thankful for the fact that I have a job that I like.  We could be busier, and I'd make more money (I'm a server in a restaurant), but I'm on the schedule 5 days a week.  I like my job most of the time.  I like most of the people I work with.  I get 3 weeks paid vacation.  The vacation pay is not a lot of money. but there are a lot of restaurants that don't give paid vacations to the wait staff.  And for that I am grateful.


I'm thankful that I have 3 really good, responsible kids.  They're all smart, resourceful, they've never been arrested.  I love them a lot!  I think I'll keep them.  I also really like who they love in their lives.  


I'm thankful to have John in my life.  He came along just when I was resigned to living the rest of my life alone.  We have our challenges, but we choose to agree to disagree on some things (politics, for example).  He treats me with respect and thinks I'm the best thing since sliced bread.  We love each other quite a lot.  Who knows?  Maybe someday I might even let him marry me!


I'm thankful for the wonderful advances in medicine, especially the strides they've made in cancer research and cancer treatment.  I'm thankful for Dr. Sunita Nasta (a brilliant oncologist and hematologist) at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania. who saved John's life last year when his cancer (Lymphoma) returned for the 3rd time in 2 years.  His stem cell transplant (they used his own stem cells) seems to have killed the cancer for good and he's healthy again.


I'm sure I could name countless other reasons to be thankful.  The ones I've listed above are the most important ones (and not necessarily in that order!)


So, what are you thankful for?


Check out the Over 40 Bloggers List below!  





11 comments:

Doreen McGettigan said...

I have myself been saved by the University of Pa. Hospital.
We both have a John in our lives..I finally did marry mine and it has been all good.
I am thankful for a never ending baby parade in my life and for the fact that I am about to be a published author.
I am also thankful my family came through 5 tragedies this past summer...
Have a blessed holiday..I am a new visitor and follower from Over 40.
http://doreenmcgettigan.blogspot.com

Sueann said...

I am glad for both you and John that he is healthy and doing so well. What a blessing.
I am thankful for terrific grandkids! And a wonderful husband who supports me and says I am beautiful. I love that!!
Hugs
SueAnn

Carol E Wyer said...

What a fantastic blog. It reflects your wonderful personality. I love the header too it made me smile. Hopped over from the over 40's blog hop to say hello to you.
Lovely to meet you.

Anonymous said...

Found you through the over 40's blog hop!

I'm thankful that I have two healthy, independent young adult children, who are that way, despite all of our challenges over the past 5 years.

Make it a great day and weekend!

Unknown said...

I'm most thankful for my 3 responsible, compassionate and honest children who have given me like grandchildren.

Tammy @BeatriceBanks said...

I saw your header picture and immediately had to follow your blog. You've probably had lots of comments but the pic really speaks to who you are. Love your attitude!
I'm thankful for my soul mate hubby and 3 great kids. That's at the top of the list, which is too long to post here.
Newest follower. Feel welcome to follow me back-
www.beatricebanks.blogspot.com

Sprite's Keeper said...

I'm thankful for my John too. The more people I meet who have a John and are happy, the more I believe a John is just destined to bring happiness. Maybe? :-)
I'm thankful that John made it through and succeeded as well, but I don't think the road would have been so smooth if you weren't right there with him the entire time. I think you saved his life just as much as the doctor did. You're linked and thanks for Spinning!

Mama Badger said...

I'm thankful that John made it through, too. Incredibly thankful that modern medicine is saving lives every day.

Happy Thanksgiving, Joanie!

Stacy Uncorked said...

Awwwww! You certainly have a lot to be thankful for! You deserve all the happiness in the world - and it sounds like you've done a wonderful job raising your kids! And John's definitely a keeper! ;)

I thought I was already following you forever - but apparently not, so I've fixed that faux pas! ;)

SC: Giving Thanks

Jimmy said...

I am happy to see you living life and loving it, your spin on gratitude was perfect and I can see you are truly thankful for the life you have been blessed with.

Adrian said...

Awwwww! You certainly have a lot to be thankful for! You deserve all the happiness in the world - and it sounds like you've done a wonderful job raising your kids! And John's definitely a keeper! ;)Accounting logo design