PARASAILING WAS FUN!!!

I WONDER WHAT'S NEXT? ZIP LINING MAYBE???




Thursday, November 4, 2010

Travel Tip Thursday: Longwood Gardens



There's a place in Chester County, PA in the town of Kennett Square (Mushroom Capital of the World... but that's a post for a different day) that's is so lovely, all year long, that you'll want to visit again and again.  It's called Longwood Gardens..  I, myself, haven't visited Longwood Gardens in a couple of years.  It's high time I went back.  Click here to go to their website.


One of the many fountain displays


Longwood Gardens is about 30 miles from Philadelphia.  It covers over 1,000 acres of ground (wear your walking shoes!) and has over 11,000 plants, trees, fountains greenhouses and ponds and much much more!
It's open year-round and they have all kinds of special events throughout the year.


This always reminds me of Alice in Wonderland


The Treehouse




Lilyponds


One thing I've never seen but plan to see this year is Christmas at Longwood.  








I've never been to Longwood Gardens at night.  I hope to do that very soon.








Of course, they change their displays to coincide with the seasons...


Spring...


Summer...




Fall...






Winter...




Something I wasn't aware of is Longwood Gardens hosts concerts and other Arts functions.


It also has it's own restaurant! And of course, the obligatory Gift Shop.

Yes, I definitely need to visit Longwood Gardens again very soon, maybe for Christmas!

My good friend, Pseudo at Winds of Change  (formerly Pseudonymous High School Teacher) hosts Travel Tip Thursday.  You should check out her blog.  She lives in Hawaii and posts the most marvelous photos of places I can only dream about right now!  And she's doing a giveaway if you participate in TTT!!  Go check her out.  You won't be sorry.... jealous, but not sorry!

10 comments:

Mellodee said...

It's Disneyland for grown-ups!! Gorgeous!

This is a place I would love to see in person, but as it is doubtful I will ever go to Philadelphia, I guess I'll settle for photos....but I know it won't be the same as being there.

I think if it was close to me, I would go all the time. Thanks for sharing this lovely place!!

Sueann said...

Wow! The gardens are amazing!! That treehouse is fabulous!!!!!! And Christmas time...stunning!!
If I ever get to that neck of the woods...I will definitely pay this place a nice long visit!
Thanks hun
Hugs
SueAnn

The Retired One said...

Looks like a fabulous place to visit...I would go nuts there taking photos, I am sure. ha

Nina said...

I could move into that tree house right now! What a beautiful place!
Hope you do make it there and enjoy yourself to bits. Blessings to you and yours. Love and Light, Nina P

bernthis said...

beautful and the tulips? my favorite flower and the fall pics? my favorite season

linlah said...

Looks like a great place, I need to start saving and visit parts east of the rockies.

Pseudo said...

I loved this garden and would like to live in the tree house thank-you very much.

Garret said...

Wow, you better go. Looks gorgeous!

Matty said...

Not far from us. It's one of my wife's favorite places.

Amy said...

Gorgeous! The Christmas pics put me in the mood for the holidays.