PARASAILING WAS FUN!!!

I WONDER WHAT'S NEXT? ZIP LINING MAYBE???




Monday, November 29, 2010

Monday's Music Moves Me: Christmas Carols


Amanda at Bloggin’ with Amanda hosts Musical Monday – What Move’s You?. You can get the instructions by clicking here. 


Lorie at The Shrewbridges of Celebration, FL told me about Monday's Music Moves Me, so here's another cool music blog meme to do!


Tis the season!  


Okay, I'll confess a little secret.  Christmas music makes me cry, especially the hymns. And more so if either or both of my daughters are singing them. I truly do love to listen to Christmas music and especially the ones I learned in Catholic grade school.   All month long, our Monday's Music Moves Me theme will be Christmas songs.  I'm going to start by posting my very favorite, all time Christmas hymn ever.  "O Holy Night" is such a beautiful hymn and no one can sing this song like Josh Groban!  Enjoy this lovely Christmas hymn with me.





O Holy night, the stars are brightly shining.
It is the night of our dear Saviour's birth.
Long lay the world in sin and error pining,
Till he appeared and the soul felt its worth.
A thrill of hope the weary world rejoices,
For yonder breaks a new and glorious morn.
Fall on your knees! Oh hear the angel voices!
Oh night divine! Oh night when Christ was born!
Oh night divine! Oh night! Oh night divine!

Chains shall he break for the slave is our brother,
and in his name all oppression shall cease.
Sweet hymns of joy in grateful chorus raise we;
Let all within us praise his holy name.
Christ is the lord, that ever, ever praise we.
Noel! Noel! Oh night;oh night divine!
Noel! Noel! Oh night; oh night divine!
Noel! Noel! Oh night; oh night divine!





14 comments:

Sueann said...

Be still my heart.......so beautiful!
I love Christmas music too and it brings tears to my eyes everytime!
Hugs
SueAnn

Unknown said...

Did you happen to see Josh Groban and Johnny Mathis perform on Oprah last week? It was magic, as is Josh's version of O Holy Night.

Joanie said...

I haven't seen Oprah in years. I'm always at work when she's on TV.

Peggy said...

I LOVE this song and Josh Groban too. I think I'll play it again.
Have a great week Joanie!

Run DMT said...

Great pick to kick of the holiday season! :-)

Amanda Moore said...

I just love to hear a good tenor voice this was a great choice for this week! Thanks for playin this week!

Missy Schranz said...

Hi! I'm Missy and a new follower of your blog. I absolutely LOVE, LOVE & LOVE "O'Holy Night." It is my favorite Christmas song and I've heard it by anyone who sings it!!! My fave versions are the one you picked and also by Collin Raye.
Excellent choice!!
Hugs,
Missy
http://missyschranz.blogspot.com

smArtee said...

That is my fav of all time and I already have it set for next week...but Im not telling who I have singing it...but its beautiful just like Josh's..Thanks for this..!

smArtee said...

Oh ..song blog is
http://insightsandbellylaughs.com

Stacy Uncorked said...

I LOVE Christmas music, and I LOVE this one! :)

MMMM: Grown Up Christmas List

Hazel said...

O Holy Night is one of my favorite christmas songs. It's just sooooo christmas! Josh Groban's voice here gives me goosebumps.

P.S. I saw your favorite quote on your sidebar. I will remember that :)

Missy Schranz said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving such sweet comments. My mom loved "Wild Thing" and I could understand it....it was very popular in her day and time. :0) Happy Holidays.
Missy Schranz
http://missyschranz.blogspot.com

l

Colette S said...

Oooh I love love love it! This is one of my faves too.

*hug*

Classic NYer said...

Oh, Josh Groban... he's got a voice that makes my heart melt! Thanks for sharing... and thanks for blessing my page!