PARASAILING WAS FUN!!!

I WONDER WHAT'S NEXT? ZIP LINING MAYBE???




Monday, November 22, 2010

Musical Mondays Moves Me!: songs that begin with T (in honor of Thanksgiving)


Amanda at Bloggin’ with Amanda hosts Musical Monday – What Move’s You?. You can get the instructions by clicking here. 


Lorie at The Shrewbridges of Celebration, FL told me aboutMonday's Music Moves Me, so here's another cool music blog meme to do!


This Monday, in honor of Thanksgiving,we are supposed to submit songs that begin with the letter T.


This old favorite from the 1970s popped into my head immediately!  I've always been a fan of Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young.  Their album, Deja Vu is one of my all-time favorites!!!  As a matter of fact, the very first concert we (my ex and I ) took our kids to was a (much older) CSNY concert in Philadelphia back in 1999.  Gina was 15, Tim was 11 (and HORRIFIED that people were (gasp!!)  smoking MARIJUANA!!) and Dani was 8 (she fell asleep).  I still have the T-shirt we purchased and I wear it as a night shirt quite often!


So, without further ado, I give you... Teach Your Children.







Teach Your Children
by Graham Nash

You, who are on the road
Must have a code
That you can live by.
And so, become yourself
Because the past
Is just a goodbye.

Teach, your children well
Their father's hell
Did slowly go by 
And feed them on your dreams
The one they pick's
The one you'll know by.
Don't you ever ask them why
If they told you, you would die
So just look at them and sigh
And know they love you.

And you (Can you hear and) 
Of tender years (Do you care and)
Can't know the fears (Can you see we)
That your elders grew by (Must be free to)
And so please help (Teach your children)
Them with your youth (You believe and)
They seek the truth (Make a world that)
Before they can die (We can live in)

Teach your parents well
Their children’s hell
Will slowly go by
And feed them on your dreams
The one they pick's
The one you’ll know by.

Don’t you ever ask them why
If they told you, you would cry
So just look at them and sigh
And know they love you.






10 comments:

XmasDolly said...

Crosby, Stills & Nash always liked them. Glad to see you back this week. You're a real trooper you are! Already following you my friend. Happy Thanksgiving to you, and yours! Have a great week, and Great pick. Hope to see you next week. When our theme for the month of December will be Christmas songs every Monday! Happy Holidays!

Sueann said...

I liked them too! Teach your children was one of my favs!
Hugs to you
SueAnn

Run DMT said...

Oh I love this song. It's always on my playlists. Great pick!

Happy Thanksgiving! :-)

smArtee said...

Oh I love this one...GreaT memories...and I love CSNY still to this day...Have a great day..!

Yaya' s Home said...

Does Ta-Ra-Ra-Boom-De-Ay count? I'm not sure if that's a song or not, but it seems like someone is always singin' it around my house.

I love the song you chose. One 'uh my faves.

~ Yaya

Stacy Uncorked said...

This has always been one of my favorites of theirs - nice choice!! And how cool are you taking your kids to their concert? :) Have a great week, Joanie - and Happy Thanksgiving! :)

MMMM: Thanksgiving

Peggy said...

Joanie;

Love Loave love this song. We had the albun and used to play it a lot when our kids were young!
Happy Thanksgiving to you and John!

Colette S said...

Such a great song!

Love it.

Thanks for sharing.

Enjoy the rest of your week :)

Amanda Moore said...

Gosh I love this song, I can look at the lyrics and hear the song playing in my head! Thanks for being part of Musical Monday this week!

linlah said...

Harmony has always been one of my favorite things in music and CSNY could really do that well.