PARASAILING WAS FUN!!!

I WONDER WHAT'S NEXT? ZIP LINING MAYBE???




Wednesday, November 24, 2010

One Word Wednesday: Splatter


SPLATTER

When I first saw the word for this week, which happens to be SPLATTER, I thought, "How in the hell world am I going to come up with something for Splatter?"  


Then, it came to me.  Jackson Pollock!   I have to say I'm not really a fan of his work.  I don't understand how throwing paint and smearing it and flinging it onto a canvas with a brush can be considered art.  I think a lot of it looks cool, but give me a good Monet or Van Gogh and you'll see me smile.  


The thing is, I don't think I understand what his message is.


Anyway, here is a photo of Jackson Pollock at work.


And here area  few of his paintings that I thought looked cool.





I think I like the bright colored ones the best.

 Paul Jackson Pollock (January 28, 1912 – August 11, 1956) 


Jill, from Jillsy Girl, our host at One Word Wednesday is getting some real life stuff done and Sally from  Sally G. has been gracious enough to host One Word Wednesday for the next few weeks.  Check these ladies out, they're awesome!!





4 comments:

Sueann said...

Jackson's work is full of energy and texture. What his message is, I have no idea?? Ha! Nice examples though.
Splatter is a tough word; but you did well.
Hugs
SueAnn

Anonymous said...

Definitely SPLATTER! I don't get it, either, but I bet he had a lot of fun with them. I know my kids always did - too bad they couldn't earn a living with their splatter paintings :)
Happy Thanksgiving!

juana said...

LOL! You got it!! Who could splatter better than him!! I love your connections... :)

Sally G. said...

If Splatter Art didn't exist, then 100% of the world's artists would be better than me!!

I can imagine how enjoyable it would be to hurl colour onto canvas and fabric and call it a day though. I'd have rock or punk music playing too.

Great job Joanie - and Happy Thanksgiving!