PARASAILING WAS FUN!!!

I WONDER WHAT'S NEXT? ZIP LINING MAYBE???




Monday, November 1, 2010

Masquerade: Musical Mondays Moves Me!


Lorie at The Shrewbridges of Celebration, FL told me aboutMonday's Music Moves Me, so here's another cool music blog meme to do!




Amanda at Bloggin’ with Amanda hosts Musical Monday – What Move’s You?. You can get the instructions by clicking here.   I don't know what the theme is for this week, so I went kinda sorta Halloween-y, since I did this one on October 31.


Since I'm writing this on Halloween evening, I thought I'd post a musical video of my very favorite song from the great play/movie Phantom of the Opera.  This scene is wonderful in  film, but it can't possibly do it justice compared to the Broadway version!  When I saw on stage, goosebumps ran up and down my body and I literally cried though th entire number!


So here is my very favorite number from Phantom....  Masquerade!!!



Firmin:
Misseur Andre!

Andre:
Misseur Firmin!

Firmin:
Dear Andre what a splendid party!

Andre:
The prolouge to a bright new year.

Firmin:
Quite a night, I'm impressed.

Andre: 
Well one does ones best.

ANDRE/FIRMIN:
Here's to us!

Andre:
A toast for the city.

Firmin:
What a pity that the Phantom can't be here!

Chorus:
Masquerade!
Paper faces on parade.
Masquerade!
Hide your face, so the world will never find you!
Masquerade!
Every face a different shade.
Masquerade!
Look around -
there's another
mask behind you!

Flash of mauve.
Splash of puce.
Fool and king.
Ghoul and goose.
Green and black.
Queen and priest.
Trace of rouge.
Face of beast.
Faces.

Take your turn.
Take a ride.
On a merry - go - round
In an inhuman race.

Eye of gold.
Thigh of blue.
True is false.
Who is who?
Curl of lip.
Swirl of gown.
Ace of hearts.
Face of clown.
Faces.
Drink it in
Drink it up
'til you drown in the light.
In the sound.

Raoul/Chistine:
But who can name the face?

Masquerade!
Grinning yellows,
spinning reds.
Masquerade!
Take your fill -
let the spectacle
astound you!

Masquerade!
Burning glances,
turning heads.
Masquerade!
Stop and stare
at the sea of smiles
around you!

Masquerade!
Seething shadows
breathing lies.
Masquerade!
You can fool
any friend who
ever knew you!

Masquerade!
Leering satyrs,
peering eyes.
Masquerade!
Run and hide -
but a face will
still pursue you

Madam Giry:
What a night

Meg
What a crowd!

Andre:
Makes you glad!

Firmin:
Makes you proud!
All the creme
de la creme!

Carlotta:
Watching us watching them!

Meg/Madam Giry:
And all our fears
are in the past!

Andre:
Three months!

Piangi
Of relief!

Carlotta
Of delight!

Andre/Firmin:
Of Elysian peace!

Meg/Giry
And we can breathe at last!

Carlotta
No more notes!

Piangi
No more ghost!

Giry
Here's a health!

Andre:
Here's a toast:
to a prosperous year!

Firmin:
To our friends who are here




8 comments:

Unknown said...

Lots of different music can move me but my all time favorite is La Vie En Rose by Edith Piaff... that one gets me really good every time.

Stacy Uncorked said...

I LOVE that! Great choice! :)

MMMM: Cheeseburger in Paradise

Peggy said...

First of all, I love your header picture. You are far braver then I my friend!
Second, I love Phantom, saw the stage play several times. Just mesmerizing! Good choice.
Nice to finally be in a meme together.

Pseudo said...

Phantom has my favorite music of all. Great choice.

XmasDolly said...

Totally cool! What a great video. Love the costumes too, don't you? I must say your picture on top never seizes to amaze me. You are totally braver than I that's for sure. LOL Thanks for playing along, and I sure hope you come back next week too. I love you choice in music. Have a great week!

Amanda Moore said...

I have been longing to see Phantom live for so ling (sigh) this is a fabulous pick from it! Happy MM!

Stephanie Hunter said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Phantom of the Opera. Incredible.

Debbie said...

That is a wonderful selection! Perfect.