PARASAILING WAS FUN!!!

I WONDER WHAT'S NEXT? ZIP LINING MAYBE???




Friday, November 5, 2010

Spin Cycle:Halloween





I really dislike dressing up for Halloween.  I was SO happy when my kids were old enough to figure out their costume, and it was no longer my job.  My kids, though, especially my girls LOVED to dress up and go Trick or Treating!  It's no wonder my oldest has a degree in theatre and my youngest began her degree until she decided doing hair was going to be much more fun (not to mention lucrative!)


Gina, my oldest child is in a poker group.  They get together from time to time and play some serious poker.  Just about each year, in October, their poker night is also a Halloween party.  Gina and Gene always go as a pair.


One year, they dressed as Betty and Barney Rubble.  Another couple were Fred and Wilma Flintstone.


Betty and Barney Rubble


The next year, they went to the party as Where in the world....


Carmen San Diego and Where's Waldo




I don't know if there's a party this year.  


My youngest daughter, Dani got to dress up for school (she's in Cosmetology School in Western PA).  She decided to dress at Kat Von D, tattooed babe from LA Ink.  .


The first picture is Dani in costume.  The second picture is the real Kat.  The resemblance is amazing!!!


Dani as Kat

the real Kat




At work we're allowed to dress for Halloween too.  Thankfully, the past few years it wasn't mandatory, so I didn't participate.  I did, however, take pictures of my co-workers!  Here are just a few!




Dave, the Rock Climber (that was his real gear)

 Dijon, the um.... business man

Jess the bumblebee

Randy the Redneck

Julia the cat with Dave

Sam the nerd




Jenn, who writes Sprite's Keeper is the host for Spin Cycle.  She gives us a topic to write about and a week to produce something cool and fun!  If you want to try, check her out!


13 comments:

Sueann said...

I love dressing up too! It is so much fun to become someone else for the evening! And great fun to see what everyone else has created. Your pics are wonderful. She did look like the tattoo lady!!! She did a great job!!
Hugs
SueAnn

VandyJ said...

Looks like you girls are creative and resourceful. Great pictures.

Brian Miller said...

the um...businees man...lol. some fun costumes...love the barney rubble with the grand pooba hat...

Mama Badger said...

I love to dress up. I will say, though, that having to get the two little guys in costume didn't leave much time for me. Sigh.

Your daughter is much better looking (and probably has more sense) than Kat Von Drat.

Sprite's Keeper said...

Wow, she really does look like Kat!
I love the way your girls get into it, Sprite is just a beginner so we'll see if she truly goes all out for the holiday.
You're linked!

XmasDolly said...

Well those are some pretty great costumes and your children are very good looking. Thanks for stopping by, and have a great weekend. This Monday's Music Moves Me is Country Week hope you come by play along! It's tons of fun!

Michelle said...

Dani is much prettier than Kat!

Captain Dumbass said...

I like that business suit. I'd like to wear that to work. And Dani looked just like Kat. Nice work.

linlah said...

Dani rocks the Kat and I'm with you not a fan of costume.

Debbie said...

I agree with Michelle that Dani is far prettier!

Amy said...

Love it. I think next year, I'm going to insist that my kids come up with something creative, instead of store-bought costumes.

Stacy Uncorked said...

Love how creative your kids are with their costumes! Dani does look like Kat! And that 'businessman'? Totally cracked me up! ;)

SC: Halloween Fun

Adrian said...

Sounds like you two had a great time and I love that the camels came from North Carolina, not at all random.company logo design